NFL week 12 or how I survived the Lions on turkey day.

Started by katmai, November 25, 2009, 05:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Hope everybody enjoys  the three games on schedule tomorrow.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

All 3 games in HD and I'm off from work friday. I shall survive!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Barrister

hmm... I usually can get away with ignoring the Thursday night game and just set my LFFL lineup on Sunday morning.  With 3 games though I probably shouldn't try...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

Dallas vs Oakland? It's bad enough the Lions have to play on Thanksgiving, the least they could do is put Dallas against someone decent.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 25, 2009, 08:39:10 PM
Katmai, are you from the future? :o :area52:

no need to be from the future when it is Packers vs Lions with Stafford not playing for Detroit.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on November 25, 2009, 08:44:14 PM
Dallas vs Oakland? It's bad enough the Lions have to play on Thanksgiving, the least they could do is put Dallas against someone decent.
The Cowboys need a patsy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Neil on November 25, 2009, 09:01:30 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on November 25, 2009, 08:44:14 PM
The Cowboys need a patsy.

I suppose it's just as well - most people will be too full to pay attention to the game, and it'll make a nice sedative for the after-dinner nap.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Sophie Scholl

Come on now, it's a new era in Oakland:  The Post-Jamarcus Russell Era.  They are coming off of a win over the now 7-3 Bengals this past Sunday where they put up 20 points to the pathetic 7 Dallas managed against Washington.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

JacobL

Quote from: katmai on November 25, 2009, 08:46:32 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 25, 2009, 08:39:10 PM
Katmai, are you from the future? :o :area52:

no need to be from the future when it is Packers vs Lions with Stafford not playing for Detroit.
Per profootballtalk
QuotePosted by Mike Florio on November 26, 2009 11:22 AM ET
The Lions were expected to face the Packers on Thursday without quarterback Matt Stafford and receiver Calvin Johnson.

But the team has now announced that both will start.

The inactive players for the home team are quarterback Drew Stanton (emergency quarterback), receiver Derrick Williams, safety Kalvin Pearson, fullback Terrelle Smith, linebacker Ernie Sims, center Melvin Fowler, offensive lineman Ephraim Salaam, and defensive end Dewayne White.

Stafford had been listed as doubtful and Johnson has been listed as questionable.

Though the Packers might be thinking that they were snookered by the Lions, the "doubtful" classification suggests a 25-percent chance of playing.  And that one-out-of-four outcome has transpired.

Grey Fox

On my Yahoo matchup pages the Packers have won 26-0 against the Lions. Again.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

JacobL

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 26, 2009, 11:47:08 AM
On my Yahoo matchup pages the Packers have won 26-0 against the Lions. Again.
And they did it without my fantasy kicker Mason Crosby!   <_<

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

JacobL

Still waaaay early but so far it looks like one team is a tad bit too sloppy and perhaps expected to simply show for a win. :bowler: