NFL week 12 or how I survived the Lions on turkey day.

Started by katmai, November 25, 2009, 05:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 29, 2009, 11:28:41 AM
Quote from: Neil on November 29, 2009, 10:54:14 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 29, 2009, 09:35:30 AM
Fuck, I'm gonna miss Cincy-Cleveland. Damn nephew's birthday party.
That's too bad.  It's always fun watching your team mash an unequal opponent.

I'm fully expecting the Bungles to play down to the Browns level.
I suppose.  If you lose to the Raiders, you can lose to anybody.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

The supposedly used up and noted critic of the homo, Larry Johnson, got over 100 yards.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 29, 2009, 05:07:45 PM
The supposedly used up and noted critic of the homo, Larry Johnson, got over 100 yards.
Let's celebrate by buying him an Uzi and a plane ticket to Warsaw.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Tonight we are all Ravens fans.

edit: holy crap, a TD on Baltimore's first drive :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Alcibiades

Quote from: Neil on November 29, 2009, 05:15:39 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 29, 2009, 05:07:45 PM
Let's celebrate by buying him an Uzi and a plane ticket to Warsaw.

I'd pitch in.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

derspiess

How about that.

And thank God we have Tony Dungy giving his analysis in the postgame.  I needed something to help me sleep.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Good game.  But if I were a Ravens fan I wouldn't get too jacked up about beating a second string quarterback.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 30, 2009, 12:11:36 AM
Good game.  But if I were a Ravens fan I wouldn't get too jacked up about beating a second string quarterback.

It got the Ravens closer to a Wildcard and made the Steelers' chances smaller for that same spot. I say jack it up.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

sbr

I think Dixon played reasonably well for his first meaningful snaps in over 2 years.  The late pick obviously cost his team the game but he made some very nice plays as well.

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on November 30, 2009, 12:13:48 AM

It got the Ravens closer to a Wildcard and made the Steelers' chances smaller for that same spot. I say jack it up.

Ditto.  No win is cheap these days.  Plus, beating a hated division rival like the Steelers under any circumstances is a good thing. 

Ravens have a tendency to win ugly anyway, so I think their fans are fairly immune to ugly wins.

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on November 30, 2009, 12:22:03 AM
Quote from: Liep on November 30, 2009, 12:13:48 AM
Ditto.  No win is cheap these days.  Plus, beating a hated division rival like the Steelers under any circumstances is a good thing. 

Ravens have a tendency to win ugly anyway, so I think their fans are fairly immune to ugly wins.
Indeed.  Dixon made some good plays earlier on, but you wouldn't want to see him run the ball too often, what with the fact that his backup was nobody.