News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

derspiess's Attention-Whoring Thread

Started by derspiess, November 23, 2009, 01:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 23, 2009, 08:39:25 PM
Cincinnaticusses are less fat than I would have thought, judging by that pic.

Ah, well then check out a Reds game sometime if you want to see how fat the yokels can be.

It's a pretty interesting study in demographics, actually.  Bengals ticket prices keep the more obesity-prone lower classes out.  Don't see many fans under 25 or over 50.  Cute girls in their late 20s definitely seem to be over-reprisented.

Reds ticket prices go as low as $7, so you get all types.  Lots of fat people, lots of old folks & lots of kids.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Slargos

PDH

Spice, I will argue with you about some things, but you have a cute kid.  Get him together with Malthus's son and together they can rule the world.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Syt

Great pictures. :)

Except for the hideous Bengals colours. The only teams with worse colors are the Buccaneers and Browns.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on November 26, 2009, 02:24:04 PM

Except for the hideous Bengals colours. The only teams with worse colors are the Buccaneers and Browns.

Since ditching the orange colour the Bucs have quite attractive colours and unis.   :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on November 26, 2009, 02:36:09 PM
Since ditching the orange colour the Bucs have quite attractive colours and unis.   :huh:

:huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: Slargos on November 26, 2009, 01:12:13 PM
Kid almost looks white.

It's the little bit of Irish in him that keeps him from being 100% :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Right, and Steelers colors are: pretty?  :huh:

Ed Anger

You need a video of him stomping on a terrible towel. With comments open on the Youtube.

:P
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: derspiess on November 26, 2009, 03:55:56 PM

Right, and Steelers colors are: pretty?  :huh:

Black and gold and white. Timeless classic. In all sports.

:wub:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Sweetass does have a point on those 70's Pirates unis.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 26, 2009, 03:58:08 PM
You need a video of him stomping on a terrible towel. With comments open on the Youtube.

:P

I can do that.

Earlier in the season, we had breakfast Sunday morning at First Watch.  A family at the table next to us had a kid his age or slightly younger, and the kid was wearing a Steelers jersey.  With *zero* prompting from me, he looks over at the kid & yells "Hey, BABY.  Hey, BABY.  GO BENGALTH!!!" :)

What was likely going on in his mind was that he just saw a football jersey & that triggered something about the Bengals in his mind, and he sounded aggressive even though that's just his style sometimes.

But on the surface, it looked like he was trash-talking a hated division rival, and I'll take it :)

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 26, 2009, 04:04:06 PM
Sweetass does have a point on those 70's Pirates unis.

I like football very much, but Baseball remains my favorite. I blame watching the Bad News Bears tv show a lot as a kid. That, and the fact the 3 of the 7 or so American kids we hung out with were Ricans who preferred Soccer and Baseball over Football when we played.
—Stephen Jay Gould