Which first-generation X-Man is your favorite?

Started by Neil, November 22, 2009, 05:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one do you prefer?

Cyclops
3 (10%)
Jean Grey
4 (13.3%)
Beast
11 (36.7%)
Angel
3 (10%)
Iceman
3 (10%)
Havok
4 (13.3%)
Polaris
1 (3.3%)
Banshee
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Neil

Which of the first generation do you prefer?  Use whatever criteria you like.

Scott Summers/Cyclops:

Jean Grey/Marvel Girl/Phoenix:

Henry McCoy/Beast:

Warren Worthington III/Angel:

Robert Drake/Iceman:

Alex Summers/Havok:

Lorna Dane/Polaris:

Sean Cassidy/Banshee:
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

garbon

I've always had an affinity for Havok but I'm not sure why.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Never heard of Havok and Polaris I must say.
I used to really like the beast when I was a kid and hated how under used he was in the cartoon.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Only time I saw Havok was in the sentinels series (the greatest comic book series of all time in my limited view).  Seems like Havok spent the whole series doubled over in pain and occasionally exploding and blowing up a room.  Was that the nature of his power or something specific to that story line?

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 22, 2009, 06:14:23 PM
Only time I saw Havok was in the sentinels series (the greatest comic book series of all time in my limited view).  Seems like Havok spent the whole series doubled over in pain and occasionally exploding and blowing up a room.  Was that the nature of his power or something specific to that story line?
No, he did that at several points in the series.  He was often used as a substitute for his older brother, and so they often added some angst about how he had trouble controlling his power.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Neil on November 22, 2009, 07:06:29 PM
Myself, I always liked Cyclops best.
Mr. Wooden Boy Scout?  Meh.  Other than the walking retcon clusterfuck that is Jean Grey, he's probably my least favorite of the originals.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on November 22, 2009, 07:12:04 PM
Mr. Wooden Boy Scout?  Meh.  Other than the walking retcon clusterfuck that is Jean Grey, he's probably my least favorite of the originals.
Order, honour, duty, responsibility.  What's not to like?

Josquius

Quote from: Neil on November 22, 2009, 07:31:32 PM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on November 22, 2009, 07:12:04 PM
Order, honour, duty, responsibility.  What's not to like?
Order, honour, duty, responsibility. :p
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

For somebody who busts on so many people for their little hobbies, it's pretty funny to see that Neil is a comic book retard.

HisMajestyBOB

Based on the Saturday morning cartoons, I'm going with Beast. Cyclops was kinda annoying, and Jean Grey is extremely annoying as well as being a Mary Sue with Jesus tendencies.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Sophie Scholl

Only knowing the characters from the cartoon =  :bleeding: .  Well, I guess unless it's Pryde of The X-Men, which was awesome.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on November 22, 2009, 08:59:19 PM
Only knowing the characters from the cartoon =  :bleeding: .  Well, I guess unless it's Pryde of The X-Men, which was awesome.

I've watched the movies, too.
And played the old SNES games.  :blush:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help