And we're back!

Main Menu

languish meet in Italy : 7 - 11 May

Started by Richard Hakluyt, March 30, 2009, 02:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: The Larch on May 04, 2009, 07:13:25 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 04, 2009, 06:56:35 AM
We should be in Venice sometime on the sunday, so if you wanted to meet up then sunday evening is the (only) time to do it  :cool:

Coolness.  :cool: Can you provide me with a phone number? I had the ones from Marty, Brazen and Syt from Brussels, but none of them will be present. In case I can get away, I'll give you a call.

Er.......we don't have phones that work on the Continent  :huh:

Hmmmm........I wonder if BB's phone works there?

Barrister

I am so certain our phone won't work there we're not even bringing it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

We seem to hit a logistical bottleneck in the phone area.  :lol:

Grey Fox

If you have a GSM phone, it will work.

My phone worked in Cuba, ffs.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: The Larch on May 04, 2009, 03:25:33 PM
We seem to hit a logistical bottleneck in the phone area.  :lol:

I'm the only one leaving on Tuesday.  You have until Thursday for the rest.  If you can get a phone nomber from Ank or RH (or even just send us your number and we'll call from a land line) we should be able to set something up.  :) 

Barrister

Richard Hakluyt

:cheers:

@the Larch : send us your phone number, we'll ring you up on one of those old-fashioned landline things  :cool:

Siege

Quote from: Pedrito on April 07, 2009, 05:54:52 PM
Picture of a girl drinking from a grolla:

L.

What's up with the burn out?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Pedrito

It's a wooden mug filled with hot black coffee and liquors, so if one isn't able to drink from it without spilling some of the content, it will leave stains on the wood. Moreover, the hot alcohol releases vapours that are set on fire by the waiters, and flames come out of the side mouths.
That's the reason of the burnt wood.
L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Larch

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 05, 2009, 12:19:59 AM
:cheers:

@the Larch : send us your phone number, we'll ring you up on one of those old-fashioned landline things  :cool:

PM sent.  ;)

Pedrito, will you be on Sunday as well? We can debate Italian politics and the velinopoli scandal while we're at it.  :lol:

Pedrito

Quote from: The Larch on May 05, 2009, 06:07:58 AM
Pedrito, will you be on Sunday as well? We can debate Italian politics and the velinopoli scandal while we're at it.  :lol:

:weep:
In proper Languish manner, I will immediately hijack every attempt to discuss our clownesque politics during the whole weekend.
But I won't be there with you on Sunday,  I'll be going to Milan.  <_<

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Larch

Quote from: Pedrito on May 05, 2009, 07:03:46 AM
Quote from: The Larch on May 05, 2009, 06:07:58 AM

:weep:
In proper Languish manner, I will immediately hijack every attempt to discuss our clownesque politics during the whole weekend.
But I won't be there with you on Sunday,  I'll be going to Milan.  <_<

L.

Pity then. Give them the background and I'll finish them off on sunday.  :P

Tamas

Alright, my GPS has been uploaded with a supposedly recent map of Austria and Italy, and it claims that the trip is only 622 kilometers. I am planning to leave around 8AM, so unless something unexpected happens, I should make it to Cortina by around 5PM.

Richard Hakluyt

Which pass are you using?

Looks like a fast route to me apart from the last hour or so, which will be on busy mountain roads, easy to get behind a slow-moving vehicle.

Richard Hakluyt

Just checking the details of mestre station, (I have a morbid fear that it is the same size as Waterloo station, ie our plan to meet-up will miscarry  :lol:)........

It seems it is of moderate size with only one bar/buffet. The "Buffet Cremonini".

http://www.grandistazioni.it/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=167472ceeae7b110VgnVCM1000003f16f90aRCRD

So, pedrito, I guess that's where we will be, or smoking cigarettes outside the station entrance  :D