News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

White House tells GM boss to step down

Started by jimmy olsen, March 29, 2009, 05:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Savonarola on June 08, 2009, 08:59:47 AM
I think this detracts from Will's main point; if the government's management of the auto companies is so egregious then Ford should have an advantage over the domestic competitors.
No, not necesserily.  If the government runs GM at a loss while dumping lots of cash into it, then it can simultaneously achieve both the mismanagement of the GM and the destruction of Ford.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on June 08, 2009, 11:14:56 AM
I think this detracts from Will's main point; if the government's management of the auto companies is so egregious then Ford should have an advantage over the domestic competitors.
No, not necesserily.  If the government runs GM at a loss while dumping lots of cash into it, then it can simultaneously achieve both the mismanagement of the GM and the destruction of Ford.

I guess this proves that you have gone back to pretending not to read my posts. :(

:lmfao:
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Savonarola

Quote from: DGuller on June 08, 2009, 11:14:56 AM

Fair enough; if both you and Berkut agree on anything concerning the economy it must be true.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

DGuller

Quote from: Savonarola on June 08, 2009, 11:36:09 AM
Fair enough; if both you and Berkut agree on anything concerning the economy it must be true.
I'm somewhat insulted by the implicit assumption that Berkut and I are on the same level when it comes to quality of economic analysis.  Let my argument stand or fall on its own merits, what Berkut says is of little value.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on June 08, 2009, 11:55:38 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on June 08, 2009, 11:36:09 AM
Let my argument stand or fall on its own merits, what Berkut says is of little value.

LOL, classic DG. Apparently my arguments are good enough to force you to throw a tempter tantrum and quit arguing with me because you get thrashed so badly, so maybe the reverse here is actually true.

Tell us more about how this is all Reagan's fault again! That was some quality "analysis"!

QuoteI'm somewhat insulted by the implicit assumption that Berkut and I are on the same level when it comes to quality of economic analysis.

Hehe, I guess this is another case where we agree after all - in fact, our ability to analyze and argue a point are not at all on the same level.

See, I am not afraid to note that sometimes we agree! The power of the dispassionate mind wins again.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned