News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 11

Started by CountDeMoney, November 19, 2009, 07:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on November 23, 2009, 11:08:16 AM
The Raiders have a reasonable amount of talent on the roster; just shows how important the QB position is. 

I was also very impressed with Matthew Stafford; to see him fight off the medical staff to get back in the game for that last play was telling.  No one doubted his talent, but seeing a  21 year old, multi-millionaire with no chance of losing his starting job do that while in such obvious pain, shows a lot about leadership and desire, which are hard to measure at the combine.

And I can sum it all up in just one word: courage, dedication, daring, pride, pluck, spirit, grit, mettle, and G-U-T-S, *guts*. Why, Stafford's got more guts in his little finger than most of us have in our large intestine, including the colon!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

I picked a hell of a week to stop sniffing glue.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Roflsburger has a concussion, and Charlie Batch broke his wrist.  That leaves: Dennis Dixon.  Quack, quack.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Thank God.  Someone finally figured out the red pants and red jerseys looked stupid and went back to the white pants.  There's also football on.

MadBurgerMaker

I wonder if the Texans are even going to bother trying to run.

Nevermind.  There's Chris Brown looking like a weeblewobble running around out there.  The guy just seems really top heavy.

Neil

The score was essentially a run.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on November 23, 2009, 09:12:49 PM
The score was essentially a run.

Yeah I like that little shovel pass.  I thought Slaton had fumbled it for a second there, and almost just changed the channel.  Getting all emo about Texans football.  :rolleyes:

Slaton is looking pretty good though so far.

Nooo!  Leach is down!

Barrister

WTF - they showed a brief highlight of the CFL Eastern Final during the MNF halftime show, then mentioned the Grey Cup is next week? :blink:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

JacobL

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 23, 2009, 06:43:17 PM
Roflsburger has a concussion, and Charlie Batch broke his wrist.  That leaves: Dennis Dixon.  Quack, quack.
The Bucs just signed a QB off dallas practice squad and could possibly cut leftwich this week and the steelers could in theory add him back. :bowler:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on November 23, 2009, 10:22:24 PM
WTF - they showed a brief highlight of the CFL Eastern Final during the MNF halftime show, then mentioned the Grey Cup is next week? :blink:

:unsure:  Are they wrong or something?

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 23, 2009, 10:26:43 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 23, 2009, 10:22:24 PM

:unsure:  Are they wrong or something?

I don't see too many CFL highlights on NFL broadcasts.  Plus they showed almost as many hockey highlights and CFL, and then ignored the slightly more interesting Roughriders/Stampeders matchup.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on November 23, 2009, 10:37:29 PM
I don't see too many CFL highlights on NFL broadcasts.  Plus they showed almost as many hockey highlights and CFL, and then ignored the slightly more interesting Roughriders/Stampeders matchup.

Oh I see what you're saying.  They were showing some highlights yesterday and last week on ESPN (IIRC it's all been with Berman).  I've kinda been diggin the CFL stuff. 

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 23, 2009, 10:43:17 PM
I've kinda been diggin the CFL stuff.

Well that's just good sense. :Canuck:

If you can manage to catch it the Grey Cup is almost always a good matchup.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on November 23, 2009, 10:45:06 PM
If you can manage to catch it the Grey Cup is almost always a good matchup.

I was planning on looking, but I'm not entirely sure it'll be on down here. 

<_<  17 - 14 Titans now, thanks to Kris Brown hooking a normally automatic FG.  He's mysteriously sucked at times this year.  Then of course, he'll go an make something crazy like a 60 yarder...

Kickers...

Oh and Dunta PAY ME RICK Robinson needs to make that pick every time if he's going to demand as much cash as he is.