News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 11

Started by CountDeMoney, November 19, 2009, 07:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

"Quite honestly, the best way to do it, is you can't put him on the field. The only entity on a football field that can stop Peyton Manning is the sideline. The best defensive player is the sideline. You keep Peyton on the sideline, you have a chance. You can say it's the blitz, or the pass rush or coverage. People have tried everything every year and continuously come up with exotic schemes ... and it doesn't really matter."
--Trevor Pryce

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on November 21, 2009, 10:36:24 PM
Damn.  Peyton Manning against those Ravens cornerbacks?  Either that line is fucked, or somebody in Vegas knows something that we don't.  Maybe Peyton's legs were crushed last night by a falling Sony Bravia TV?

Ed Reed has a good game today, since Indy has no real running game.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 22, 2009, 08:49:15 AM
Quote from: Neil on November 21, 2009, 10:36:24 PM
Damn.  Peyton Manning against those Ravens cornerbacks?  Either that line is fucked, or somebody in Vegas knows something that we don't.  Maybe Peyton's legs were crushed last night by a falling Sony Bravia TV?
Ed Reed has a good game today, since Indy has no real running game.
See, you would have thought that Ed Reed would have had a good year, because the obvious choice is to throw the ball, right?  But really, Reed's having a fairly average year, because the receivers just get open against the corners.  The opposing QB can just throw to the receiver open away from Ed Reed, rather then tempting fate.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

I'm still trying to decide if I want to hold my stomach and watch some of the Detroit-Cleveland game. Maybe a Lion defender will chop block Brady Quinn for the hell of it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Strix

You smell that? Do you smell that?...Raven's fans, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of irrelevant teams in the morning!
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Alcibiades

Just like the steelers this year really.  Colts will go to the superbowl in the AFC, maybe the pats might give them a run for their money. The NFC is a bit more interesting I guess, Big showdown between Vikings and Saints will be real good.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Strix

Quote from: Alcibiades on November 22, 2009, 11:22:54 AM
Just like the steelers this year really.  Colts will go to the superbowl in the AFC, maybe the pats might give them a run for their money. The NFC is a bit more interesting I guess, Big showdown between Vikings and Saints will be real good.

:lmfao:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 22, 2009, 09:08:38 AM
I'm still trying to decide if I want to hold my stomach and watch some of the Detroit-Cleveland game. Maybe a Lion defender will chop block Brady Quinn for the hell of it.

I'm watching the Lions game.

Lions vs Alouettes that is. :Canuck:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on November 22, 2009, 01:21:37 PM
Hey, Hauschka's gone.

And his replacement's not too bad. 

BTW the Ravens should be punished by the league for not putting "Colts" on the scoreboard :contract:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on November 22, 2009, 01:49:53 PM
BTW the Ravens should be punished by the league for not putting "Colts" on the scoreboard :contract:
Meh.  It's important to the people of Baltimore.  Let 'em have it.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on November 22, 2009, 01:54:31 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 22, 2009, 01:49:53 PM
Meh.  It's important to the people of Baltimore.  Let 'em have it.

They need to let it go.  I saw the ESPN special & have heard Seedy go on ad nauseum about how their hearts were ripped out in 1983, etc., etc. but at some point you need to just get over it.  The Ravens Super Bowl win should've done the trick.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on November 22, 2009, 01:39:30 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 22, 2009, 09:08:38 AM

I'm watching the Lions game.

Lions vs Alouettes that is. :Canuck:

Meh.  24-3 for the Als early in the 2nd quarter.

I wonder what else is on...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Damn, that was a laser throw directly from Peyton Manning to Ed Reed :lol: