Obama Bows to Jap Emperor

Started by derspiess, November 14, 2009, 09:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2009, 05:27:31 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 18, 2009, 10:20:15 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 17, 2009, 01:48:38 PM
Quote from: Maximus on November 17, 2009, 01:24:58 PM
To be honest, I don't really care about the physical attractiveness of the President either.

I don't know there should be some minimum threshold. After all, he (one day she) becomes the face of America.
Lincoln was our greatest president and our ugliest.

3. Was he really that ugly?  I mean it is not like Obama is Johnny Dep compared to him or anything.
I suppose that's a matter a taste, however we do have a photos for most presidents and state portraits for all of them. So take a look and decide for yourself.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2009, 05:28:07 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 19, 2009, 07:43:23 AM
Physical appearance has everything to do with securing the votes of homosexuals and women, two groups who really should never have had the vote to begin with.
Homosexuals, white male landowning ones anyway, have always had the vote.
You can't strip felons of the vote?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Well, at least his forehead didn't hit the ground this time :lol:

Seriously though, Obama may think that groveling to the world makes him more popular, but all he's doing is diminishing his office and the nation he serves.  Not that I think he's particularly bothered by the latter, mind you.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on November 25, 2009, 12:07:10 AMSeriously though, Obama may think that groveling to the world makes him more popular, but all he's doing is diminishing his office and the nation he serves.  Not that I think he's particularly bothered by the latter, mind you.

Seriously?

You seriously think that showing a bit of cultural awareness and courtesy counts as grovelling and diminishes the nation?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2009, 05:27:31 PM
3. Was he really that ugly?  I mean it is not like Obama is Johnny Dep compared to him or anything.
Yeah I've always thought Lincoln was what Victorians would consider distinguished.  On the other hand Teddy Roosevelt looked like a beaver and the less said about butter bath Taft the better.

Edit:  Other non-lookers include John Adams:

James Monroe:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/24/James_Monroe_Portrait.jpg
And Grover Cleveland:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/db/Grover_Cleveland%2C_painting_by_Anders_Zorn.jpg

I'm sure there are others.  Lincoln's not that bad.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on November 25, 2009, 12:18:36 AM
Seriously?

You seriously think that showing a bit of cultural awareness and courtesy counts as grovelling and diminishes the nation?
Americans are weird like that.  They've this huge obsession with maintaining 'face'.
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

Thanks for the gross generalization there shelf <_<
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sheilbh

Quote from: katmai on November 25, 2009, 12:27:07 AM
Thanks for the gross generalization there shelf <_<
It was a joke on common stereotypes and similar generalisations about the Far East.  Like, say, the Japanese :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 25, 2009, 12:25:46 AM
Quote from: Jacob on November 25, 2009, 12:18:36 AM
Seriously?

Americans are weird like that.  They've this huge obsession with maintaining 'face'.

Shame-based culture, and all that.

Wait until Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee.  Obama's going to be culturally aware and headbutt her in the face like a Liverpool hooligan.
ZOMG OBAMA HATES TEH US

Caliga

Wow, what an asshole/weakling Obama is for being polite  :mad:

:blink:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Did Sheila just insult my home state boy Taft?  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on November 25, 2009, 08:00:30 AM

We have a reputation to live up to.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on November 25, 2009, 08:00:30 AM

What a bastard Ju is for not being polite back.  :mad:

(That is Ju isn't it?  The ChiCom short term presidency is sheer genius but it makes it absolutely impossible to tell them apart.)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 25, 2009, 08:41:49 AM
(That is Ju isn't it?  The ChiCom short term presidency is sheer genius but it makes it absolutely impossible to tell them apart.)
Yes, it is Ju.  Ju Ca Nou.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points