COD:Modern Battlefield 2

Started by CountDeMoney, November 11, 2009, 08:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Well? Who's got it? What platform?
Any impressions?

I'm considering.

Razgovory

I bought it.  It unlocks on Steam in about 3 hours which will put it at about 11 O'clock here so I suppose that makes some sense.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Quote from: Razgovory on November 11, 2009, 09:18:41 PM
I bought it.  It unlocks on Steam in about 3 hours which will put it at about 11 O'clock here so I suppose that makes some sense.
:huh:

I thought it came out yesterday.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Kleves

Got it for seXbox. Pretty sweet multiplayer, which a ton of customization and unlocks, but the single-player plot line is laughably ridiculous (spoiler: Russia launches an airborne invasion of the U.S., yes, just like in Red Dawn). It does contain probably the most uncomfortable moments I've experienced in gaming (which has aroused such controversy that there's a pop-up when you start the game that allows you to skip that mission if you wish).
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

katmai

Kleves you pussy it's just a game, stop going all fahdiz on us

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

katmai

Oh and I will pick it up for sexbox. But still too busy with dragon age atm.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on November 11, 2009, 09:44:09 PM
Kleves you pussy it's just a game, stop going all fahdiz on us

That is physically impossible, as fahdiz would never purchase a new-release title.
He'll pick it up in 2014 in the $4.99 AND BELOW bin.

FunkMonk

I have it for the xbox. Single-player is full of over-the-top lulz, except for the scene that Kleves alludes to in his post, which was insane. Game is also quite short: I finished it in six hours.

Multiplayer is fun and slightly addictive. It's based on you constantly unlocking weapons, attachments, challenges, tags, killstreaks, and even game-modes like Capture-the-Flag. And of course you can customize your class loadouts however you please.

So far I've launched several Predator drone missles on unsuspecting opponents, which is too fun. Also, one of the early killstreak rewards allows you to call in a random supply drop, which contains either ammo or another killstreak reward. This is how I called in a Pave Low helicopter which proceeded to wipe out the entire opposing team, and a B2 Stealth Bomber which dropped about a ton of explosives on four dudes.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

It's sad that single play games are so short these days.  That's mostly why I get a game.  I don't know why Steam's version only unlocks at 11:00 tonight.

I was kind of disappointed with the plot of the first one though.  You play an American and a British guy and the American guy dies half way through.  Why can't the limey die?  :mad: Still it was fun shooting up Russians and Arabs.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

FunkMonk

Oh there are plenty of Russians to shoot in this game.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DisturbedPervert

Already a working aimbot and wallhack on the PC.  And now there are no servers or admins to ban them, and no way to kick a player who's cheating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cMC37VkyTA

Probably won't be up long, Activision is pulling the videos of people cheating

Razgovory

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 11, 2009, 10:38:44 PM
Oh there are plenty of Russians to shoot in this game.

Are they like in hospitals and buses or is this another one of those crappy game where they shoot back? :mad:

Razgovory

How long does it take to fucking decrypt!  Zombies digging out of a concrete vault decrypt faster then this!

DisturbedPervert