News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

COD:Modern Battlefield 2

Started by CountDeMoney, November 11, 2009, 08:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on November 12, 2009, 08:45:33 PM
my first guess would have been seedy, but his cheap fahdiz like ass hasn't bought the game.

No fucking way I was buying this game in the middle of a work week.  Because then I'd have to call in sick from playing until 5:30am, and I'm working on my 3rd year of perfect attendance.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Razgovory on November 12, 2009, 10:19:26 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 12, 2009, 08:41:42 PM
So who here shot as many civilians as possible?

Me.  At least the mission was original.

I must admit I didn't shoot a single bullet until the FSB showed up.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

lustindarkness

I shot at the cops shooting at me the first time around. Then I decided to play it again  :menace:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

BTW, go to the museum level, pretty cool, don't press the red button.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Kleves

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 12, 2009, 10:31:49 PM
Same.  :blush:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Kleves

That level, is, btw, perfectly choreographed. Controversy aside, it really is a fantastic achievement.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Kleves on November 13, 2009, 03:21:58 PM

I'm just too much of a humanitarian. God knows why I'm in the army.  :D

FunkMonk

So running around knifing people is actually a viable tactic. Infinite sprint, faster movement, and commando perks means they can't get a bead on me. Those five snipers parked in a garage that I griefed all agree.  :lol:

Kleves

I just beat SP. It was ok, I suppose, although the plot was incredibly stupid, and basically consisted of ripping off scenes from action movies mixed with a bizarre British nationalism.

Razgovory

Quote from: Kleves on November 13, 2009, 10:11:11 PM
I just beat SP. It was ok, I suppose, although the plot was incredibly stupid, and basically consisted of ripping off scenes from action movies mixed with a bizarre British nationalism.

I honestly don't understand the motives for most of the actions of the game.  I have no idea why the Big Bad was doing what he was doing (or actually what he was doing really).  He mentioned something about getting recruitment up.  Was that the point?  That seems incredibly stupid.  I don't really get the logic in the game either.  We have a mission where we murder hundreds of innocent Russians and that's okay, but in another mission we have to do this complex special ops to save 7 Russians on an oil rig the bad guys (who I'm not clear on who they are, are they the Russian government or not?) are using as human shield.  Then we rescue the guy Makarov hates (who apparently has had him under lock and key for 5 years), and then immediately steal of a Russian Boomer to launch a nuke at Washington.  Gee thanks.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on November 12, 2009, 08:33:32 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 12, 2009, 07:58:54 PM
SO what is the story with blowing away an airport? How does that fit in?

It doesn't seem to fit in anywhere to be honest.  It's suppose to be the Causus belli for a Russian invasion of Virginia.  But the guy who perpetrates it seems to also be running the country so I'm not sure what the point is.  You are suppose to be a CIA agent (who earlier that day was an army Ranger), who is deep undercover as a henchmen to the big bad.  To win his trust you are suppose to mow down a thousand Russian civilians.  At the end he shoots you in the face and says "ha, now the US will be blamed for this".  The plot makes less and less sense after that.
I had no idea Tom Clancy was associated with this title.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 13, 2009, 03:48:27 PM
Quote from: Kleves on November 13, 2009, 03:21:58 PM

I'm just too much of a humanitarian. God knows why I'm in the army.  :D
:lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

FunkMonk

Pay no attention to the plot. It's simply an excuse for the devs to have the player run parkour on the roof-tops of Rio and flee on a snowmobile Bond-style.

Also, shooting people in the face. Repeatedly.

Alcibiades

The guy you save in the gulag was from the last game.

And I don't understand the "Big Bad's" motives either, why does he do what he does to Roach and Ghost?  I was so overwhelmingly surprised when that happened words didn't really describe it.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Razgovory

Quote from: Alcibiades on November 14, 2009, 11:11:08 PM
The guy you save in the gulag was from the last game.

And I don't understand the "Big Bad's" motives either, why does he do what he does to Roach and Ghost?  I was so overwhelmingly surprised when that happened words didn't really describe it.

Curiously the guy was also in Call of Duty 1.  During World War II.  Where he died. 

At first I thought it might be because you guys nuked Washington.  But no, everyone seems cool with that.  From the best I can tell it was to get recruiting up in the US.  Or something.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017