And we're back!

Main Menu

John Allen Muhammad executed

Started by Weatherman, November 10, 2009, 09:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 11, 2009, 12:49:15 PM
These Devils = ass murderers  :o

That's pretty ironic, considering he and Lee Malvo were murdering each others' asses bareback during the whole shooting squee.

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on November 11, 2009, 12:53:36 PM
IIRC this guy tried to represent himself during his trials, correct?  :lol:
How did that work out for him?

Maximus

Quote from: DGuller on November 11, 2009, 06:25:02 PM
How did that work out for him?
Didn't work, he thought he was representing his ass.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on November 11, 2009, 12:53:36 PM
IIRC this guy tried to represent himself during his trials, correct?  :lol:

And received the penalty he so justly deserved - for depriving a lawyer of a fee.  :mad:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Tonitrus

Nobody was ever more justly veined.

Fate

Caliga

Quote from: Maximus on November 11, 2009, 06:26:20 PM
Didn't work, he thought he was representing his ass.
"If this black ass don't shit, you white devils must acquit!"
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

This guy and his accomplice were monsters,cowards and killers. They killed a lot of people and terrorized the region, nation, with these senseless murders. Did they ever give their reasons why they just started killing random people? All races, jobs, etc. Not that their reasons really matter.

Caliga

Quote from: KRonn on November 12, 2009, 09:01:33 AM
This guy and his accomplice were monsters,cowards and killers. They killed a lot of people and terrorized the region, nation, with these senseless murders. Did they ever give their reasons why they just started killing random people? All races, jobs, etc. Not that their reasons really matter.

Muhammad's plan was to kill a huge number of white people and make everyone really really scared.  On his hit list were things like "kill a pregnant woman by shooting her in the stomach", "kill a Baltimore police officer (now you know why CdM retired)", "throw bombs into the policeman's funeral".  Then he was going to ask for a ransom of TEN MEEEEEELION DOLLARS and use the money to set up a black youth commune in Canada from which young black Muslim terrorists could be trained to spread chaos and panic in the United States.  I dunno, I guess his ultimate goal was to take over the country or something.  Also, he was going to kill his ex-wife amid the chaos (making it look like a random sniper attack) and kidnap his kids who would join him on his crusade.

All of this is according to Malvo, so Malvo may be lying and/or Muhammad may have lied to him about his intentions.

KRonn

But they did kill blacks too? I think one of them was a bus driver, a black man with a family and kids.

But hey, just another despicable murderer, terrorist and fanatic, or actually wannabe all that.

Caliga

Quote from: KRonn on November 12, 2009, 10:13:44 AM
But they did kill blacks too? I think one of them was a bus driver, a black man with a family and kids.
Yeah, and I think he killed an Indian cab driver as well.  But as I think you are saying in your second line--he was crazy, so it's futile to try to analyze his efficacy or find internal logic to his "plan".

OttoVonBismarck

I still remember the Beltway sniper pretty well; I can't remember if this happened prior to the original exodus from the Paradox forums but I definitely have vague memories of talking about it on some online forum at the time--it was fairly notable to residents of No.Va. and people like me that commute into the D.C. metro area every day.

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 12, 2009, 02:55:51 PM
I still remember the Beltway sniper pretty well; I can't remember if this happened prior to the original exodus from the Paradox forums but I definitely have vague memories of talking about it on some online forum at the time--it was fairly notable to residents of No.Va. and people like me that commute into the D.C. metro area every day.
One of the women killed (the FBI agent) was shot about ten minutes after I was in the very spot where she was killed.  Kinda creepy, as Malvo and Muhammed might have been there when i was.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

AnchorClanker

The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr