And we're back!

Main Menu

Is Israel Too Strong for America?

Started by Queequeg, November 08, 2009, 12:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Queequeg on November 08, 2009, 11:13:56 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 08, 2009, 10:35:34 PM
Anyone who opposes colonization is inherently immoral.
This isn't even really colonization.  The Gauls got Wine from the Romans.  We gave the Native Americans liquor and guns.  Israel gives the Palestinians...what?

Water and Electricity and until the palestinians started blowing themselves up on busses; Jobs.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Queequeg

Quote from: Viking on November 08, 2009, 11:26:35 PM
Water and Electricity and until the palestinians started blowing themselves up on busses; Jobs.
:lol:
They have to get permission to walk across the street if they live near a settlement. They are stifling economic activity in the West Bank at every opportunity, intended or not.   
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Hansmeister

Quote from: Queequeg on November 08, 2009, 10:00:53 PM
And frankly, fuck anyone who accuses me of being an anti-Semite.  I was as staunch a supporter of Isreal as anyone until the Gaza campaign and the attack on Tony Judt. 

With that said, I don't think it is an excuse to attack civilian areas, or to colonize nations.  It is wrong in Cyprus, and it is wrong in the  non-ethnically Armenian areas of Nagorno-Kharabakh, and it is wrong in the West Bank, particularly as Mahmoud Abbas isn't a bad sort.
So basically you were pro-israeli until they dared to defend themselves from rocket attacks on israeli villages.  What a bunch of uppity jews thinking they have the right of self-defense.

The fact that you think that Abbas "isn't a bad sort" is quite telling.  I guess at least he isn't one of those filthy jews, so when he sends suicide bombers to blow up school buses that's alright.

Queequeg

Hans, I'm not having this conversation.  I went to a Jewish Pre-School.  I wanted to convert to Judaism since about age five.  Almost all the girls I've ever had a crush on were Jewish.  Frankly, the Jews were the first people I was obsessed with.  My interest in Russia grew out of the fact that most Chicago Jews have roots in Russia, and, well, the parallels between the Armenians and Jews are everywhere. 

If I'm concerned about anything, it is that Netanyahu's colonization will end up biting Israel in the ass and will be bad for Israel and the Jewish people in the long run.  Unlike you, you brownshirt fuck.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Queequeg on November 09, 2009, 01:02:15 AM
Hans, I'm not having this conversation.  I went to a Jewish Pre-School.  I wanted to convert to Judaism since about age five.  Almost all the girls I've ever had a crush on were Jewish.  Frankly, the Jews were the first people I was obsessed with.  My interest in Russia grew out of the fact that most Chicago Jews have roots in Russia, and, well, the parallels between the Armenians and Jews are everywhere. 

*cue Caliga commenting about how Jewish women give great bjs*
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Camerus

Hans is almost more machine than man.  But I think he needs a new patch.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jos Theelen

Quote from: Valmy on November 08, 2009, 10:01:21 PM
By the way I think it is absurd to the point of comedy that pressure is put on the Israelis to help out the Palestinians.  Why should they do that?

For money and for peace.

If the present situation is continued for too long, a new intifadah will emerge. And many Palestinians will support more and more the extremists, like Hamas and Hezbollah. Not a very peaceful future.

These days, Europe pays mainly for the "Palestinian state". Police, hospitals, schools, the administration on the West bank are  kept alive by European subsidies. If this situation goes on, Europe could decide that this "Palestinian state" isn't a real state, but a country occupied by Israel and stop paying for it. That means that Israel is responsable for the situation in the West Bank, so they have to pay for police, health care, etc. That's one of the reasons why Netanyahu recognised the "Palestinian state" at the start of his government. It was too expensive to deny that.

dps

It's pretty clear that Isreali settlements in the West Bank are an obstacle to peace, but it's also clear that it's not the main obstacle, and even removing them (much less merely stopping the construction of new settlements or the expansion of existing ones) isn't going to lead to peace,

Jos Theelen

It is clear that expanding settlements sends this message to the Palestinians: "fuck you".
What the response to that message will be is unpredictable, but not very positive.

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 09, 2009, 02:30:20 AM
*cue Caliga commenting about how Jewish women give great bjs*
There is no need as you have done my work for me, good sir.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Quote from: Jos Theelen on November 09, 2009, 04:53:43 AM
These days, Europe pays mainly for the "Palestinian state". Police, hospitals, schools, the administration on the West bank are  kept alive by European subsidies. If this situation goes on, Europe could decide that this "Palestinian state" isn't a real state, but a country occupied by Israel and stop paying for it. That means that Israel is responsable for the situation in the West Bank, so they have to pay for police, health care, etc. That's one of the reasons why Netanyahu recognised the "Palestinian state" at the start of his government. It was too expensive to deny that.
Pretty unlikely, given Europe's large Muslim population, high level of antisemitism and unwillingness to make bold international moves.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jos Theelen

Quote from: Neil on November 09, 2009, 07:45:37 AM
Quote from: Jos Theelen on November 09, 2009, 04:53:43 AM
Pretty unlikely, given Europe's large Muslim population, high level of antisemitism and unwillingness to make bold international moves.

The likelihood is proportional to the number of settlements  on the West Bank.