And we're back!

Main Menu

V

Started by viper37, November 05, 2009, 10:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

hmm... mised it again last night.

Reminds me of why I don't watch anything on TV anymore... <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on November 11, 2009, 02:24:54 PM
hmm... mised it again last night.

Reminds me of why I don't watch anything on TV anymore... <_<
Repeat after me: PVR is your friend.  PVR is your friend.  PVR is your friend.
Got it? :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on November 11, 2009, 01:25:25 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 08, 2009, 06:23:59 PM
Finally got to watch it last night.  Liked it overall, though it was quite rushed for a first episode, which should have been two hours at the very least.  Loved the libertarian/anti-Obama jabs :)

So good propaganda for terrorists?

Sure, Crazyleftyboy, whatever you say :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I wonder when they're going to remake "Amerika" for TV.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 11, 2009, 06:23:59 PM

They are doing Red Dawn with acting staff from Supernatural and Home & Away.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

One of the final five is on V... I'm trying not to jump to conclusions.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

No need.  We're living it.

Ohhhhhh snap!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Darth Wagtaros

They'll just substiute the Russians for Obama and the Democraticommies.
PDH!

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on November 11, 2009, 11:45:32 AM
The new episode was much better, IMO.

again after going the iTunes route...

I agree.  Now that the characters have been established, this is very interesting...

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 08, 2009, 10:43:36 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 08, 2009, 07:03:25 PM
BTW, what's the difference between a remake and a reboot?

A reboot is your childhood raped.

'Terminator' showrunner brings 'Charlie's Angels' back to ABC

More childhood rapery

QuoteABC may be staying in the high profile remake business with a rebooted version of "Charlie's Angels."

According to Variety, ABC is close to ordering a pilot for a modern take on the classic '70s action series, written and executive produced by Josh Friedman, who did a different sort of franchise overhaul on FOX's "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles."

Drew Barrymore, who already updated this material as a feature film, is expected to produce in some capacity along with Leonard Goldberg, one of the original "Charlie's Angels" producers.

The project is set up through Sony Pictures TV.

The original "Charlie's Angels" ran from 1976-1981 and spawned a hit 2000 feature and a slightly less successful feature. If you're looking for odd synchronicities, those movies were directed by McG, who tried his hand at the "Terminator" franchise with a sequel released shortly after FOX cancelled Friedman's "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" last spring.

The Variety story offers the amusing tidbit that ABC previously attempted to bring "Charlie's Angels" back to the small screen in 2004, ordering a script to be written by John Wirth and "Lost" co-showrunner Carlton Cuse, but no pilot was shot.

The TV terrain for big-name franchise reboots has been mixed in recent years, as ABC knows from the quick failure of "Eastwick" and the early success of "V." "Charlie's Angels" could, in fact, almost have been pitched as "'Eastwick' without with Witches."

Nostalgia and curiosity drove audiences to the premieres of shows like "Knight Rider" and "The Bionic Woman," but couldn't generate even minimal interest in "Melrose Place." The CW does, however, have a CW-sized success in its new "90210."

I Killed Kenny

lovelly episode, again...

Josephus

Ep. 2 was a bit weak...but Ep.3 picked up nicely. And we got to see that young girl in bra and panties. Always a bonus. :rolleyes:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

I'm liking this show so far.  A lot.

I just pray that they have some plan about where they're going...

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on November 19, 2009, 01:09:29 AM
I just pray that they have some plan about where they're going...

:)... :D.... :lol:... :lmfao:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

I've only watched 2 episodes but I have to say, why is it that kids always* suck? Also I'd expect aliens to have better cameras...:tinfoil:

*well almost, Newt is a notable exception
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.