France and Poland to propose a pan-European military initiative

Started by Martinus, November 05, 2009, 05:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Zanza

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2009, 10:32:04 AM
Good.  I want a highly trained army consisting of expendable professionals who the European public will be apathetic about sending into battle.

La Légion Etrangère!  :frog: :tinfoil:

Syt

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 06, 2009, 05:03:57 AM
Good.  I want a highly trained army consisting of expendable professionals who the European public will be apathetic about sending into battle.

A good book that was.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on November 06, 2009, 05:37:54 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 06, 2009, 05:03:57 AM

A good book that was.

La Légion Etrangère not Légion romaine  :contract:

Syt

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 06, 2009, 09:57:45 AM

It was about foreigners joining the Legion. Foreign Legion. And they even go to North Africa to fight a war. How subtle. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on November 06, 2009, 10:32:15 AM

It was about foreigners joining the Legion. Foreign Legion. And they even go to North Africa to fight a war. How subtle. :P

If you remember the album, they act as Romans to get enlisted since it was Roman only and Gaul is almost Roman :contract:  :P

Syt

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 06, 2009, 11:49:47 AM

If you remember the album, they act as Romans to get enlisted since it was Roman only and Gaul is almost Roman :contract:  :P

Yeah, which is why there's all the other enlisters from, uhm, occupied Roman provinces. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Maximus

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on November 06, 2009, 12:04:12 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 06, 2009, 11:49:47 AM

Yeah, which is why there's all the other enlisters from, uhm, occupied Roman provinces. :P

German still not understanding the concept of being a Roman/Frenchman/whatever by citizenship instead of blutsrecht  :P