Victim in Fatal Car Accident Tragically Not Glenn Beck

Started by Queequeg, November 04, 2009, 12:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on November 05, 2009, 10:57:45 AM
I'll be the last person to criticize you for that.

Thank you.  :)

I actually favor free* 2 year community college for all citizens.

*before the libertarian tards froth, tax-supported. blah blah.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 05, 2009, 10:39:53 AM
I did fine without a college degree. Elitist fag.
I just think people that comment on complicated political issues for a living should have either extensive experience, or education and some experience.  Beck has neither.  His qualification seems to be that he's good at yelling.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on November 05, 2009, 08:03:41 AM
I think it's interesting that so many demagogues like Beck, and yeah Hitler, etc. have no qualifications of any sort, and yet still appeal to so many.  In fact, I sometimes wonder if that makes them even more appealing. "Glenn Beck don't got no college degree and he's smrt just like me!"

:nelson:

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on November 05, 2009, 11:57:48 AM
I just think people that comment on complicated political issues for a living should have either extensive experience, or education and some experience.  Beck has neither.  His qualification seems to be that he's good at yelling.

Truman did okay.  He nuked Japan.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on November 05, 2009, 11:57:48 AM

And you sit in your ivory tower, lording over the plebs. You make me sick.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 05, 2009, 01:56:07 PM
If only all of Languish had but a single neck.  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on November 05, 2009, 01:59:17 PM

:)

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 05, 2009, 11:13:36 AM

So you favor putting them in pointless daycare?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2009, 03:54:31 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 05, 2009, 11:13:36 AM

So you favor putting them in pointless daycare?

Sure, offer the 2 year degree. I see no harm in it.

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on November 05, 2009, 01:59:17 PM

Couldn't agree more.  :cool:

Berkut

Sometimes I think that people (including myself) who get outraged or annoyed or even interested in the shock personalities like Beck or Moore or Coulter or whoever are the real losers.

Beck, no matter what you think about his politics, is a huge success at what he does. He makes millions, I am sure, and is right where he wants to be. Is he for real though? Does he really think the things he says, to the extreme that he says them...or is it all just a farce, a little act that he is taking to the bank, and laughing his ass off at the people all pissed off at his viewpoints?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on November 05, 2009, 04:47:22 PM
Sometimes I think that people (including myself) who get outraged or annoyed or even interested in the shock personalities like Beck or Moore or Coulter or whoever are the real losers.

Beck, no matter what you think about his politics, is a huge success at what he does. He makes millions, I am sure, and is right where he wants to be. Is he for real though? Does he really think the things he says, to the extreme that he says them...or is it all just a farce, a little act that he is taking to the bank, and laughing his ass off at the people all pissed off at his viewpoints?

They are successful as drug lords are successful - they pander to people's cravings, needs and desires, and couldn't care less if this is harmful to them. Are drug lords evil or just good at meeting the demand? Answer yourself that question and you will have an answer to yours.

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on November 05, 2009, 04:47:22 PM
Is [Beck] for real though? Does he really think the things he says, to the extreme that he says them...or is it all just a farce, a little act that he is taking to the bank, and laughing his ass off at the people all pissed off at his viewpoints?

Really, I wish I had written the Ann Coulter books before she did.  Tie everything back to Clinton in 3 sentences or less, froth at the mouth, and laugh all the way to the bank.

But here's David Frum's opinion: http://www.frumforum.com/do-limbaugh-and-beck-believe-what-they-say

Summary:  O'Reilly and Beck don't believe what they say, Limbaugh sort of does.

Neil

Quote from: Queequeg on November 05, 2009, 03:41:26 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 05, 2009, 10:58:15 AM
He's wearing a Soviet uniform. You guys are a bunch of retards.
The tie?  The II things on the sides of his tie? 
The red flashes on the lapel and the medal ribbon give it away.  The hat looks suspicious as well.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.