Victim in Fatal Car Accident Tragically Not Glenn Beck

Started by Queequeg, November 04, 2009, 12:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 04, 2009, 01:33:27 PM
Before this thread I didn't know who Glenn Beck was.

I wish I could go back to that time.
I saw him once when I was forced to sit in an emergency room waiting room for several hours with him screaming in the corner. That was the night before Van Jones' resignation.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

The Larch

Quote from: Scipio on November 04, 2009, 09:45:32 AM
The cover for Glenn Beck's book where he is dressed as an unnamed fascist general is totally appallingly awesome.  It's like an identifier for the closet Nazis of America.

This one?

The expression on his face makes me want to punch him. Which I guess is the desired effect.

Caliga

One of the reasons I don't take Beck seriously is because, when I first heard about him, I did a bit of research to try to figure out what qualified him to be a political commentator.  You may not be surprised to learn that there are no qualifications.  He couldn't even manage to get a college degree, for Crissakes.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on November 05, 2009, 07:55:58 AM
One of the reasons I don't take Beck seriously is because, when I first heard about him, I did a bit of research to try to figure out what qualified him to be a political commentator.  You may not be surprised to learn that there are no qualifications.  He couldn't even manage to get a college degree, for Crissakes.

Neither did Hitler and apparently they dress the same!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

I think it's interesting that so many demagogues like Beck, and yeah Hitler, etc. have no qualifications of any sort, and yet still appeal to so many.  In fact, I sometimes wonder if that makes them even more appealing. "Glenn Beck don't got no college degree and he's smrt just like me!"

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on November 05, 2009, 08:03:41 AM
I think it's interesting that so many demagogues like Beck, and yeah Hitler, etc. have no qualifications of any sort, and yet still appeal to so many.  In fact, I sometimes wonder if that makes them even more appealing. "Glenn Beck don't got no college degree and he's smrt just like me!"
Not having an education is probably a benefit in the US. INtellectual elitism has been a buzzword for decades.
PDH!

Caliga

Interestingly, my dad, who does not have a college degree, is enamored with guys like Beck and Rush.

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on November 05, 2009, 07:55:58 AM
The fact that in US we have loud-mouthed ignorant idiots paid very highly to be loud-mouthed ignorant idiots in public should be a deep national shame.

Ed Anger

I did fine without a college degree. Elitist fag.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 05, 2009, 10:39:53 AM

What happened?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on November 05, 2009, 10:51:05 AM

What happened?

I was 'po and lazy after high school.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Neil

He's wearing a Soviet uniform. You guys are a bunch of retards.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

That was a while back.  These days, college degrees have become so devalued that they're essentially high school diplomas.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.