News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Anyone ever see "About Schmidt"?

Started by CountDeMoney, November 03, 2009, 07:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I'm gonna "adopt" a kid.  One of those you see on the late night Sally Struthers commercials, from some fucked up country.  Preferably Muslim.  And begin a correspondence.  And post it here.

"Dear Ndugu..."

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

MadImmortalMan

Oh my god. This can't be anything but win.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

I think we had a thread about this a while back, and someone claimed that they no longer assign a particular kid to a particular donor.  Which makes it much less cool sounding IMO.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 03, 2009, 07:57:56 PM
I think we had a thread about this a while back, and someone claimed that they no longer assign a particular kid to a particular donor.  Which makes it much less cool sounding IMO.

Well, that fucking sucks.
I want to be able to mold a starving little shit into a well-trained killer from afar.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 03, 2009, 08:01:38 PM

I want to be able to mold a starving little shit into a well-trained killer from afar.

I would watch that TV show.
:p

Tonitrus

Oddly, for some reason, I kinda think "About Schmidt" is perhaps one of Jack Nicholson's all-time best movies.

Syt

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 04, 2009, 12:44:44 AM
Oddly, for some reason, I kinda think "About Schmidt" is perhaps one of Jack Nicholson's all-time best movies.

It totally is, and certainly a fast forward to some of our posters' futures. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 03, 2009, 08:01:38 PM

You should put that on the forms for reason for adoption.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on November 04, 2009, 07:37:51 AM
You should put that on the forms for reason for adoption.

I want to be a Darfur warlord, but from the comfort of my own home.

"Mfufu, Fuwadi...Kill that man!"

The Larch

My mom donates to an NGO that does that kind of thing, and she has two Ecuadorian kids nominally (they rotate as they get older and leave the organization) assigned to her, but she's not actually allowed to get in touch with her. She used to get Christmas cards and occasional updates from them and such.

Grey Fox

I'll take care of it.

Send me your bank info.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Remember when Sally Struthers used to do these commercials, and people would make jokes about how if she just gave away all her food instead of eating it, world hunger would be solved?  Good times.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points