News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 13, 2009, 06:52:40 AM
Great.  More shit to hear about from the Pittsburghtard in my office.

Look on the brightside, the Pirates aren't winning anything in the next century or so!
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Ed Anger

I couldn't find a proper captioning site, because I'm lazy, but I found something for Marian Hossa's T-shirt:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Strix on June 13, 2009, 09:06:49 AM

Look on the brightside, the Pirates aren't winning anything in the next century or so!

:weep:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

Well, no matter what happens to the Coyotes, at least Bettman will be happy for a while because the Penguins won.  Maybe that'll be enough to save his job.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Strix on June 13, 2009, 09:06:49 AM

Ain't gonna work. I see his Pirates, he raises me the Orioles.  Push.

Delirium

Okay, I'm not Canadian, but I honestly don't see the point with Hossa. He played 14 regular games with the Pens last year, and the playoffs. Then he switched to Detroit instead and is Judas. Is he really that special?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Grey Fox

It's because he openly said it was because he believed more in the chances of the Redwings then those of the Pens.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Delirium on June 13, 2009, 10:42:15 AM
Okay, I'm not Canadian, but I honestly don't see the point with Hossa. He played 14 regular games with the Pens last year, and the playoffs. Then he switched to Detroit instead and is Judas. Is he really that special?
Yeah, I don't see it either.  He was a merc with the Pens, he was a merc with the Red Wings.  I wish only confusion and failure to him, but visceral hatred?  I don't even hate Media Whore Crosby.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on June 13, 2009, 12:07:10 PM
Yeah, I don't see it either.  He was a merc with the Pens, he was a merc with the Red Wings.  I wish only confusion and failure to him, but visceral hatred?  I don't even hate Media Whore Crosby.

I just enjoy hating. Plus, his facial expression after the game was priceless.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

saskganesh

Canadians are a simple people
humans were created in their own image

PRC

I feel bad for him, but still I laugh.

katmai

:nelson

Haha suck it Canuckles!

:P

Judge rejects sale of Coyotes, move to Canada

By BOB BAUM, AP Sports Writer 46 minutes ago

PHOENIX (AP)—The Coyotes are staying in Phoenix.

A bankruptcy judge has rejected the proposed sale of the team to Canadian billionaire Jim Balsillie, who would have moved the team to Hamilton, Ontario.

Judge Redfield T. Baum issued a 21-page ruling late Monday afternoon, concluding that the June 29 deadline imposed by Balsillie did not allow enough time to resolve the complex case.

"Simply put, the court does not think there is sufficient time (14 days) for all of these issues to be fairly presented to the court given that deadline," the judge wrote.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Can't he just de-deadline his offer?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 15, 2009, 08:57:59 PM
Can't he just de-deadline his offer?
I dunno.  On the one hand, this is good news becaue it fucks over Ontario.  On the other hand, it saves the Leafs and Gary Bettman from being fucked over.  My hatred has me trapped, unable to decide.