NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Quote from: saskganesh on June 12, 2009, 08:56:41 AM
Emery is now a Flyer.
Crawford  hired by Dallas.
Heatley demands a trade.
Lacroix in Colorado fires almost everybody not named Lacroix.

all intriguing,

Emery is trouble. Ottawa should be glad to be rid of him and Heatley. Now they can rebuild without The Big Three written in stone.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Jaron

Death to Detroit! If the Stanley Cup ends up in that city, you won't ever see it again.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Neil

Quote from: Strix on June 12, 2009, 09:42:50 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 12, 2009, 08:32:03 AM
Besides, moving the Bills to Toronto would simply turn an honourable team with a noble history into a bunch of shitty has-beens, just like all Toronto sports teams.

Too late for that! It's going on a decade since the last time they made the playoffs.
Yeah, but they're still honourable with a noble history.

Besides, it's tough being in the same division as the Cheatriots.  They'll videotape you, and even if you have them on the ropes, the refs will usually bail them out.  The Bills haven't been very good, but they still have their self-respect.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Besides, moving the Bills to Toronto would simply turn an honourable team with a noble history into a bunch of shitty has-beens, just like all Toronto sports teams.

The Jays are an honourable team with a noble history and have always been good.

The Raptors are a never was.

So basically all Toronto sports teams =  the Leafs?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Neil doesn't consider (rightly so) that baseball is a Sport.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 12, 2009, 11:27:04 AM
Neil doesn't consider (rightly so) that baseball is a Sport.

Well I don't consider (rightly so) that you are worth listening to since you are an idiot.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 12, 2009, 11:30:14 AM
Pourquoi tant de haine?

Parce-que tu deteste le baseball :angry:

Sorry I couldn't think of anything to smack you down with since, as far as I know, all the things you like I also like.  So I decided I had no choice but a personal attack.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2009, 11:36:19 AM
Pourquoi tant de haine?

Sorry I couldn't think of anything to smack you down with since, as far as I know, all the things you like I also like.  So I decided I had no choice but a personal attack.

For future Reference : "Church"

I like Baseball now, I guess I'm old (or just bandwagonning the Jays early season success).

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2009, 11:36:19 AM
Pourquoi tant de haine?

Tout le monde déteste le baseball, sauf quelques Americains et quelques Mexicains.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2009, 11:26:03 AM

The Jays are an honourable team with a noble history and have always been good.

The Raptors are a never was.

So basically all Toronto sports teams =  the Leafs?
Are the Raptors still in Toronto?  Meh.  The post-Jordan NBA is shit anyways.

At any rate, just the fact that a team represents Toronto is ungood.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on June 12, 2009, 11:47:03 AM
Tout le monde déteste le baseball, sauf quelques Americains et quelques Mexicains.

Tu es oublier les Japonais et les Cubains!

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on June 12, 2009, 11:48:24 AM
Are the Raptors still in Toronto?  Meh.  The post-Jordan NBA is shit anyways.

Truth :(

QuoteAt any rate, just the fact that a team represents Toronto is ungood.

Well I suppose it is possible the taint of the Leafs is so strong it overwhelms everything else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on June 12, 2009, 11:23:59 AM
Quote from: Strix on June 12, 2009, 09:42:50 AM

Too late for that! It's going on a decade since the last time they made the playoffs.
Yeah, but they're still honourable with a noble history.

Besides, it's tough being in the same division as the Cheatriots.  They'll videotape you, and even if you have them on the ropes, the refs will usually bail them out.  The Bills haven't been very good, but they still have their self-respect.
They just signed TO, that shows right there they don't have any self-respect.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point