NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: charliebear on June 01, 2009, 09:55:39 AM
Quote from: Neil on May 31, 2009, 04:37:55 PM
I don't think anybody is watching anymore.

Wanna bet?  Everyone here is watching it.  I was enjoying an outside dinner during the Chicago series, and could hear chearing drifting in from all over the neighborhood. 

We're still paying attention.
I'm sure Detroit is still watching, but nobody else is.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Detroit's evil has been halted for a bit now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

CB and I watched the game last night at a sports bar.  Every time the Penguins took a shot on goal some woman there screamed with terror as if the poltergeists were just about to club her.  After about ten minutes into the first I was hoping the poltergeists would show up.

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

And next year will be a Ranger year!
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Grey Fox

Quote from: Delirium on June 05, 2009, 08:36:20 AM

Did I miss Sather getting fired?

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Delirium

Probably not. The team they had pushed Washington to seven games, who in turn pushed the Pens to seven games. The East is really close, and if NY adds just one or two of the right sort of players, and Lundqvist continues to mature it could be a long season in the MSG.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on June 05, 2009, 08:53:03 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 05, 2009, 08:51:16 AM

How would that help?

Might stop him from hiring his Edmonton buddies.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 05, 2009, 08:55:58 AM

How would that help?

How would that help?

Man, you emo kids have a tough time with hockey, don't you?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Savonarola on June 05, 2009, 07:52:41 AM
CB and I watched the game last night at a sports bar.  Every time the Penguins took a shot on goal some woman there screamed with terror as if the poltergeists were just about to club her.  After about ten minutes into the first I was hoping the poltergeists would show up.

Miroslav Satan was spooking her.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

saskganesh

Quote from: Delirium on June 05, 2009, 08:54:55 AM
Probably not. The team they had pushed Washington to seven games, who in turn pushed the Pens to seven games. The East is really close, and if NY adds just one or two of the right sort of players, and Lundqvist continues to mature it could be a long season in the MSG.

cap or no cap, my impression of the NYR/Sather philosophy is to try to add those "one or two of the right sort of players" through FA. results have varied, to put it nicely.
humans were created in their own image

Neil

Quote from: saskganesh on June 05, 2009, 10:07:39 AM
Quote from: Delirium on June 05, 2009, 08:54:55 AM

cap or no cap, my impression of the NYR/Sather philosophy is to try to add those "one or two of the right sort of players" through FA. results have varied, to put it nicely.
To be fair, it seems that the Rangers have improved their strategy.  They make better use of free agency than they used to, and they actually have a development system now.  You don't seem them paying elite-level money for every player on a small-market team that has one good season.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on June 05, 2009, 08:56:52 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 05, 2009, 08:55:58 AM

How would that help?

How would that help?

Man, you emo kids have a tough time with hockey, don't you?

Then Torts might not have to use overpaid old timers instead of up & coming kids.