News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Ah crap here I was posting on Languish and totally forgot about the game.  See you guys after the Caps go up 2-0 on the Pens.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on May 04, 2009, 07:05:27 PM
Ah crap here I was posting on Languish and totally forgot about the game.  See you guys after the Caps go up 2-0 on the Pens.

Guess we'll never see Valmy again, farewell!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Quote from: katmai on May 04, 2009, 07:06:41 PM

:lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

Neil

Quote from: katmai on May 04, 2009, 07:06:41 PM

Maybe sooner than you thought.  Ovechkin is the MVP.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

How great was that game eh?  Two hattricks and Ovechkin was hitting the fuck out of the puck.  It was like it was shot out of a cannon.

Sweep the Pens!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2009, 08:07:47 AM
How great was that game eh?  Two hattricks and Ovechkin was hitting the fuck out of the puck.  It was like it was shot out of a cannon.

Sweep the Pens!
If the media wasn't on board that 'Ovechkin vs. Crosby' thing already, the dueling hattricks is going to push them right over the edge.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

It's insane that it's his first hattrick of the season.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Strix

Not to dishearten everyone but that team from the South evened the series 1-1!

Can the Canes ruin hockey once again by winning the Cup.  :bowler:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Valmy

Quote from: Strix on May 05, 2009, 11:19:54 AM
Not to dishearten everyone but that team from the South evened the series 1-1!

Can the Canes ruin hockey once again by winning the Cup.  :bowler:

You will be fodder for the mighty Caps if you get that far.

saskganesh

yes. they can ruin hockey again.
humans were created in their own image

Grey Fox

I hope this will make Cam Ward a valuable choice for the 2010 team.

Tell me, Turco is done right? I'm not even sure I'd bring Brodeur.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jech

Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2009, 11:29:55 AM

You will be fodder for the mighty Caps if you get that far.

Come on now....you should know that the Caps are in perfect position to choke and feel the wrath of the Pens curse once more. Caps held serve on home ice, in two very close games, big deal. I would normally say both games at the Mellon Arena are most wins but the Pens have come back from 3-1 against the Caps before in the playoffs. I just hope someone other than Crosby (the Art Ross winner, perhaps?) shows up in game 3. And I hope Bylsma sits Letang for Boucher. At least Boucher keeps the puck in the zone on the PP and actually puts it on net when he has an open shot.

Valmy

Quote from: jech on May 05, 2009, 02:09:52 PM
Come on now....you should know that the Caps are in perfect position to choke and feel the wrath of the Pens curse once more.

Of course I do.  I am hoping my bravado will distract the Hockey Gods long enough for them to squeeze through.

However the Caps have not suffered the wrath of the Pens in 8 years so maybe the current crop of players on both teams will not benefit/suffer from the weight of history in this historically one sided playoff rivalry.

Hell I do not even feel that much hatred for the Pens anymore and I used to have a Super Mario voodoo doll.

QuoteI would normally say both games at the Mellon Arena are most wins but the Pens have come back from 3-1 against the Caps before in the playoffs.

Yes...yes they have...what a black black time the 1990s was.

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2009, 02:16:55 PM

Yes...yes they have...what a black black time the 1990s was.

My god you really are quite the racist.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son