News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaius Marius

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 15, 2009, 08:59:38 PM
Why I'm getting the Manitoban version of the National?

Heh, i've gotten the Vancouver version here in Edmonton now and then
First Man in Rome

PRC

Vancouver takes it!  Whoo-hoo!

C.C.R.

Also only had Flyers/Pens for the early game last night.  Couldn't stay awake long enough for Blues/'Couver.  Half-hour to go 'till Jackets/Dead Things & then of course Hawks/Flamers.  No way in hell I'll stay up late enough for Sharks/Ducks.  Am personally rooting for (in the 1st round at least):

San Jose vs. Anaheim
Detroit vs. Columbus
Vancouver vs. St. Louis
Chicago (duh) vs. Calgary

Boston vs. Montreal
Washinton vs. New York
New Jersey vs. Carolina
Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia

Am trying to talk Wifey into letting me take The Box out to the garage so that I can have Versus out in ManLand (currently only get non-digital cable channels out there), but No Dice.  Have to run Estrogen Gauntlet & run risk of talking about feelings & shit during games.  She knows better than to babble during Blackhawks games, but am still conditioning her to de-yap-ify during other games.  It's a Process.  Or something...

:ccr

Neil

Once Calgary chokes out, Languish will be entirely behind the Blackhawks.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Neil on April 16, 2009, 05:19:53 PM
Once Calgary chokes out, Languish will be entirely behind the Blackhawks.

Despite my sincere hopes to the contrary, my spidey sense tells me that this series will ultimately just be a Tard Fight to see who gets to be fodder in the second round anyways, so I need to try & keep my panties from getting into too much of a bunch one way or the other...

HVC

price just a little too slow
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 16, 2009, 06:39:00 PM
Plekanec :weep:
Is completely useless this year.

Still, the Canadiens aren't done.  I'm surprised to see Laraque on the first line.

Carey Price is super-rattled.  It's not like he hasn't been to the playoffs before.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Quote from: Neil on April 16, 2009, 06:42:46 PM

Still, the Canadiens aren't done.  I'm surprised to see Laraque on the first line.

Insurance i would wager, though it'll probably bite them in the ass.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on April 15, 2009, 08:44:51 PM
Chicago vs. Calgary

This insult shall not be forgotten. :ultra:

CCR, since he actually has a frikkin Blackhawk tattoo, shall be forgiven this one time.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 16, 2009, 06:39:00 PM
Plekanec :weep:
Is completely useless this year.

Carey Price is super-rattled.  It's not like he hasn't been to the playoffs before.

Halak should be in net, he should have been #1 goalie since early February. For some reason, they seem totally unable to trust him. They prefer to put the drunken indian in the net.  :rolleyes:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Barrister on April 16, 2009, 06:49:35 PM
CCR, since he actually has a frikkin Blackhawk tattoo, shall be forgiven this one time.

:hug:

C.C.R.

Columbus/Detroit game is a fun one.  Mason hasn't really been challenged all that much.  Osgood has had some nice saves, but other than that 1st one I don't think that he's been as spectacular as the Versus announcers have been painting him.  Get a room already...

Neil

Quote from: HVC on April 16, 2009, 06:48:07 PM

Insurance i would wager, though it'll probably bite them in the ass.
Maybe, although it seems to be paying off, building up a better second line.  Actually, given how tough Boston is, it makes sense.  Kovalev, Koivu and Tanguay are probably the nanciest line in the league, and would get punked by the Bruins.

Ed Anger

I hate the fucking NHL TV situation in the States. I had to find the Columbus-Shithole game on a fucking Fox Sports channel with its shitty ass fucking picture.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive