And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2009, 11:29:01 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 09, 2009, 11:25:38 AM
Then again, at that time Bettman's business plans were generally to take well-performing teams out of small markets and move them to larger American cities, ala Dallas and Denver.

We're lucky we didn't end up with the San Francisco Oilers, the Houston Flames and the Seattle Canucks.

Bettman is the devil and the Stars are his prophets.

I dunno - Bettman got a salary cap and revenue sharing which has tremendously helped smaller market teams, so he's not all evil.

I think of him as the Augusto Pinochet of sports.  :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on April 09, 2009, 12:19:04 PM
California and texas need more hockey teams, and since most Canadians leave Canada anyways for the US, might as well facilitate them invading our country by taking the hockey teams.

Canadians in Texas? :unsure:

Nah what we need are more futbol teams.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2009, 12:20:21 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 09, 2009, 12:19:04 PM
California and texas need more hockey teams, and since most Canadians leave Canada anyways for the US, might as well facilitate them invading our country by taking the hockey teams.

Canadians in Texas? :unsure:

Nah what we need are more futbol teams.

And yet they are giving them to the evil Canadians and worse to Portlanders!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on April 09, 2009, 12:19:35 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2009, 11:29:01 AM
Then again, at that time Bettman's business plans were generally to take well-performing teams out of small markets and move them to larger American cities, ala Dallas and Denver.

We're lucky we didn't end up with the San Francisco Oilers, the Houston Flames and the Seattle Canucks.

Bettman is the devil and the Stars are his prophets.

I dunno - Bettman got a salary cap and revenue sharing which has tremendously helped smaller market teams, so he's not all evil.

I think of him as the Augusto Pinochet of sports.  :)
It's a shame he had to completely destroy the league's popularity and all hopes for growth in the immediate future to get it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Actually, San Francisco Flames might work.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Hands off my Flames.

We stole em from Atlanta fair and square.   :mad:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 09, 2009, 01:19:13 PM
Hands off my Flames.

Now that Alberta is going the way of Michigan....

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 09, 2009, 01:21:47 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 09, 2009, 01:19:13 PM
Hands off my Flames.

Now that Alberta is going the way of Michigan....

:yeahright:

PRC

Vancouver takes the division title from Calgary.  Calgary Flames suck and the Vancouver Canucks are going to win the Stanley Cup.  Amen.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Ducks vs Sharks is going to be epic, if it happens.

I have no idea who to pick in my pool.

Leaning towards Chitown.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PRC

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 11, 2009, 11:19:27 PM
Ducks vs Sharks is going to be epic, if it happens.

I have no idea who to pick in my pool.

Leaning towards Chitown.

If it is a Players pool, go with guys from Vancouver in the West.  Maybe pick someone from Detroit.  In the East... go with players from New Jersey and Washington and a guy or two from Boston.

PRC

Stanley Cup final will be Vancouver vs. New Jersey with Vancouver winning the Cup.

C.C.R.

Neil

Quote from: PRC on April 11, 2009, 11:30:09 PM
Stanley Cup final will be Vancouver vs. New Jersey with Vancouver winning the Cup.
Bullshit.  Vancouver will choke like the no-heart bunch of Euros that they are.  They represent everything that is wrong with hockey, and will be destroyed by the Blue Jackets, a much grittier team.  It might take six games, but in the end Vancouver will collapse.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.