News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strix

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 21, 2009, 01:52:29 AM
Hod.  The Sabres have been in free fall for too long now.  I think the plaoff window is about to shut on them. :(  On a side topic, what are your thoughts on Ovechkin's antics?  Personally, I like it.  I think.  I go between hating it and loving it, but at the moment I'm for them.

It's probably time for Ruff to go. He is a great coach and all but the team no longer buys into what he is saying. He can inspire them for a game here and there but overall he just isn't providing the leadership and inspiration that the team needs. Granted the team also lacks any natural leaders among the players (Rivet as Captain?!?) but the coach needs to do more to bring that out of his players.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Neil

Quote from: Strix on March 21, 2009, 08:34:49 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 21, 2009, 01:52:29 AM
Hod.  The Sabres have been in free fall for too long now.  I think the plaoff window is about to shut on them. :(  On a side topic, what are your thoughts on Ovechkin's antics?  Personally, I like it.  I think.  I go between hating it and loving it, but at the moment I'm for them.

It's probably time for Ruff to go. He is a great coach and all but the team no longer buys into what he is saying. He can inspire them for a game here and there but overall he just isn't providing the leadership and inspiration that the team needs. Granted the team also lacks any natural leaders among the players (Rivet as Captain?!?) but the coach needs to do more to bring that out of his players.
Buffalo made a conscious decision to walk off a cliff when they let Briere and Drury go, at the same time.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Ovechkin is making this game fun. Players are a bunch of crybabies.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Why does the puck sound so loud when NBC airs hockey games? The commentators seem far away, as do the crowd, but every pass of the puck, or ricochet against the board comes out unusally clear.

Is this the new version of the "puck trail" so that people can follow the black puck on the white ice?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

PRC

Quote from: HVC on March 22, 2009, 02:00:42 PM
Why does the puck sound so loud when NBC airs hockey games? The commentators seem far away, as do the crowd, but every pass of the puck, or ricochet against the board comes out unusally clear.

Is this the new version of the "puck trail" so that people can follow the black puck on the white ice?

They mic the boards.  All the broadcasters do this, NBC seems to turn the volume up a little higher though.

HVC

Quote from: PRC on March 22, 2009, 02:03:58 PM
They mic the boards.  All the broadcasters do this, NBC seems to turn the volume up a little higher though.
Probably just seems weirder to me becasue the mic levels of the commentators always seems drowned out so the puck sounds come through clearer.

charliebear

Quote from: Neil on March 10, 2009, 02:00:48 PM

I'm more worried about Calgary.  They're not just losing, they've been getting destroyed by teams that are average at best.

They beat the Wings last night, though.

PRC

Quote from: charliebear on March 24, 2009, 02:21:50 PM

The Wings have some of the crappiest goaltending in the league though.

Neil

Quote from: PRC on March 24, 2009, 02:35:01 PM
Quote from: charliebear on March 24, 2009, 02:21:50 PM

The Wings have some of the crappiest goaltending in the league though.
I wouldn't go that far.  Conklin's average at best, but Osgood can be awesome.  It's just that not even Osgood knows whether or not he's going to show up on any given night.  Last night, all three of the goals he let in were goals that would have been embarassing for an AHL goalie.  At the same time, he'll have a few games in the ten or so that are remaining where he stands on his head.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Congrats to the Blue Jackets on securing their first ever playoff berth.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

saskganesh

I was wrong. good show by the Blue.

odds are they will meet either Calgary or Canucks in round 1? as an unknown team to most northerners, it would be an interesting series either way.
humans were created in their own image

Valmy

I am satisfied.  Anaheim and Carolina are the only evil teams in playoff position right now.  San Jose on evil probation pending confirmation of Katmai's claim that Shark fans actually like Hockey.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: saskganesh on April 09, 2009, 09:56:13 AM
I was wrong. good show by the Blue.

odds are they will meet either Calgary or Canucks in round 1? as an unknown team to most northerners, it would be an interesting series either way.

The Bluejackets: Great rookie goaltender, and they play Ken Hitchcock style hockey. Don't expect a bunch of showy goalscoring from the 'jackets.

They could advance past the first round, but that is it.

I've got playoff tickets already.  :Canuck:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2009, 10:00:22 AM
I am satisfied.  Anaheim and Carolina are the only evil teams in playoff position right now.  San Jose on evil probation pending confirmation of Katmai's claim that Shark fans actually like Hockey.
You forgot Vancouver.