News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Left 4 Dead 2 Demo?

Started by Faeelin, October 30, 2009, 10:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

So, I'd like to try it before buying the next game, but it looks like in order to try it (and see if it's worth shelling out the cash) you have to buy Left 4 Dead 2. Am I wrong?

Edit: Googling suggests you do indeed need to buy it. Classy.

DisturbedPervert

With the first one pre orders got early access to the demo, but everyone got access to it eventually.  I think this is the same.

katmai

Yep DP is correct, you can try demo now if you pre-order, but it will be released to public before the Nov 17th release.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

IIRC the "free" demo is released publicly next week. That's when I'll get it. SteamID is funkmonkcalion if anyone wants to try it out.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Jaron

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 30, 2009, 06:05:14 PM
IIRC the "free" demo is released publicly next week. That's when I'll get it. SteamID is funkmonkcalion if anyone wants to try it out.

bookmarked
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Vince

I hope my ability to accidentally shoot my teammates in the head with a shotgun when I'm firing at zombies hasn't got rusty. 

Faeelin

Quote from: Vince on November 03, 2009, 03:52:15 PM
I hope my ability to accidentally shoot my teammates in the head with a shotgun when I'm firing at zombies hasn't got rusty.

Accidentally? I start unloading whenever someone tries a vote kick against me, assuming I can't jump off a building.

FunkMonk

Free access to the demo is available now, so I'm downloading as I type. TKing annoying 13-year olds will be a prime directive.

FunkMonk

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 03, 2009, 06:57:10 PM
Free access to the demo is available now, so I'm downloading as I type. TKing annoying 13-year olds will be a prime directive.

Ran into said annoying 13 year old. He proceeded to TK us and called us fags when he was votekicked.  :lol:

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Faeelin

Okay, I was ambivalent, but using the machete to become a divine wind is awesome.

Scipio

I like using the cast iron frying pan.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Faeelin

Incidentally, does the game look really cartoonish to you guys?

Scipio

Quote from: Faeelin on November 04, 2009, 09:39:11 AM
Incidentally, does the game look really cartoonish to you guys?
A little more so than the first one, but it's dripping with atmosphere.  If it were a zombie novel, it would be the Peyton Place of zombie novels.  The prose is purple, for sure, but so entertaining.

I do not like the anonymized French Quarter shit and waterfront fakery.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt