News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Left 4 Dead 2 Demo?

Started by Faeelin, October 30, 2009, 10:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I feel more sluggish in that game.  It might be because I played the Fat guy.  Also all my allies were idiots.  WHY CANT I USE THE PISTOL?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Seen

It felt short, even for a demo. I like the daylight though.

Faeelin

Incidentally, there's a plugin you can download that lets you use the console to play as infected, though I can't get it to work.

The Brain

Downloading. Now to get my deadbeat buddies to play.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Faeelin

Playing as infected.... mmm.

Faeelin

Having played the actual game, jesus christ. The new infected are a bitch, though it might also be that the maps are easier to get seperated in.

Razgovory

I reckon I'll buy it.  Replace left 4 dead 1 with left 4 dead 2.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

FunkMonk

I'll probably snag this sometime after Thanksgiving.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Faeelin on November 17, 2009, 01:41:23 PM
Having played the actual game, jesus christ. The new infected are a bitch, though it might also be that the maps are easier to get seperated in.

How are the co-op campaigns compared to L4D?

Faeelin

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 17, 2009, 11:21:15 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on November 17, 2009, 01:41:23 PM

How are the co-op campaigns compared to L4D?

Mmm. Not bad, but the gameplay seems astonishingly difficult. I feel like it's much more about intercepting the special ifnected before they get to you than rescuing players like you did in L4D.

It's also a bit annoying that one of the cmapaigns starts in the exact same manner as a L4D campaign, with your helicopter pilot being infected.

Jaron

Quote from: Scipio on November 04, 2009, 09:42:07 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on November 04, 2009, 09:39:11 AM
Incidentally, does the game look really cartoonish to you guys?
A little more so than the first one, but it's dripping with atmosphere.  If it were a zombie novel, it would be the Peyton Place of zombie novels.  The prose is purple, for sure, but so entertaining.

I do not like the anonymized French Quarter shit and waterfront fakery.

What the fuck kind of answer was that? Seriously? Peyton Place of zombie novels?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Scipio

Quote from: Jaron on November 18, 2009, 09:30:01 AM
Quote from: Scipio on November 04, 2009, 09:42:07 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on November 04, 2009, 09:39:11 AM
Incidentally, does the game look really cartoonish to you guys?
A little more so than the first one, but it's dripping with atmosphere.  If it were a zombie novel, it would be the Peyton Place of zombie novels.  The prose is purple, for sure, but so entertaining.

I do not like the anonymized French Quarter shit and waterfront fakery.

What the fuck kind of answer was that? Seriously? Peyton Place of zombie novels?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyton_Place_(novel)
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

FunkMonk

Caved in and bought it on Steam.  :blush:

Razgovory

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 18, 2009, 06:59:00 PM
Caved in and bought it on Steam.  :blush:

Me to, I'm Razgovory on there.

FunkMonk

Ran through Dead Center on Normal. It was nice not knowing where the hell to go. The finale was a refreshing touch too.