News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Nerd Poll Du Jour

Started by Grallon, October 28, 2009, 05:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which FARSCAPE character is your favorite and why?

Captain John Chrighton (male Human astronaut)
2 (10.5%)
Officer Aeryn Sun (female Sebacean Peacekeeper prowler pilot)
4 (21.1%)
General Ka D'Argo, aka 'D' or 'Big Guy' (male Luxan warrior)
0 (0%)
Dominar Rygel XVI, aka 'Sparky' (male Hynerian (deposed) Monarch)
1 (5.3%)
Pa'u Zotoh Zhaan, aka 'Blue' (female Delvian Piestess of the 10th level)
0 (0%)
Chiana, aka 'Pip' (female Nebari burglar)
3 (15.8%)
Stark (male Stykera Banik slave)
0 (0%)
Joolushko Tunai Fenta Hovalis, aka 'Jool' or 'Princess' (female Interion socialite and scholar)
0 (0%)
Utu Noranti Pralatong, aka Noranti, or 'Wrinkles' or 'Old Woman' (female Traskan herbalist, chef and diplomat)
0 (0%)
Sikozu Svala Shanti Sugaysi Shanu, aka 'Sikosu' (female Kalish technician and spy)
0 (0%)
Moya (female Leviathan ship)
1 (5.3%)
Pilot (male Surfacer pilot)
2 (10.5%)
Scorpius, aka 'Grasshoper' or 'Harvey' (male Scarran-Sebacean hybrid Peacekeeper Fleet Officer, Scarran spy and mastermind)
4 (21.1%)
Commandant Mele-on Grayza, aka 'the Great Bitch' or 'Commandante Cleavage' (female Sebacean Peacekeeper Fleet Officer and Special Directorate High Inquisitor)
0 (0%)
Captain Bialar Crais (male Sebacean Peacekeeper Fleet Officer)
1 (5.3%)
Captain Meeklo Braca, aka 'Scorpius' boy' (male Sebacean Peacekeeper Fleet officer)
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on October 29, 2009, 09:05:16 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 29, 2009, 09:00:24 PM
well the ending, yes, but the rest was pretty good.
Wrong.

pfft there's a million things on TV BSG is over. no one cares anymore. I've moved on.
:p

crazy canuck

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 29, 2009, 09:00:24 PM
I've watched exactly no farscape. i read some reviews, looked stinky.

You should give it a try.  There are some weak episodes but on the whole the series had good writing, good action and lots of good humour.

jimmy olsen

This show never really grabbed my interest.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Iormlund

Same. I watched the first couple episodes and it looked very weak.

Grallon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 29, 2009, 10:55:23 PM

You should give it a try.  There are some weak episodes but on the whole the series had good writing, good action and lots of good humour.

I agree with CC, it's very different from BSG in tone.  They went tongue in the cheek and yet there are moments of real emotions throughout.  For some reason I think it would appeal to you.  And don't let the fact there's muppets in it distract you - they did a really good job at breathing life into those.  Anyhow it's worth a look.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel