Main Menu

Coyotes kill woman on hike in Canadian park

Started by citizen k, October 29, 2009, 03:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Martinus on October 29, 2009, 05:34:51 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 29, 2009, 05:33:55 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 29, 2009, 05:25:34 PM
Come now. That's pure scaremongering. Most singer-songwriters are gay and thus don't breed.

Pfft you think most of everything is gay.

*cough* Rufus Wainwright *cough*

*cough* Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Paul Simon, Alanis Morissette, Kate Bush....*cough*

Non gays are up 6-1 so far...want to go on?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on October 29, 2009, 05:47:28 PM
*cough* Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Paul Simon, Alanis Morissette, Kate Bush....*cough*

Non gays are up 6-1 so far...want to go on?

Indeed. Like most things that he says, it was utterly foolish.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

How bizzare. When was the last time that wolves attacked a person, let alone a coyote?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 29, 2009, 06:36:07 PM
How bizzare. When was the last time that wolves attacked a person, let alone a coyote?

I don't think this was a case of a coyote being attacked by wolves.  :huh:

Caliga

Wolf attacks, while extremely rare, do happen.  I've never, ever heard of a coyote attacking a person though.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Martinus on October 29, 2009, 06:44:47 PM

I don't think this was a case of a coyote being attacked by wolves.  :huh:

Tim's always crying wolf.   :rolleyes:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on October 29, 2009, 06:59:52 PM
Wolf attacks, while extremely rare, do happen.  I've never, ever heard of a coyote attacking a person though.

Why wouldn't they, domestic dogs do it regularly.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maximus

Because coyotes are among the smarter of the dog family. The domestic dog is at the bottom of that particular ladder.

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 29, 2009, 08:00:06 PM
Why wouldn't they, domestic dogs do it regularly.
Because they're generally small and cowardly.

Jaron

maybe there was pups involved? or she cornered them?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on October 29, 2009, 06:59:52 PM

I thought that was an old world thing. I don't remember ever reading of an unprovoked wolf attack in North America.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

BuddhaRhubarb

I think maybe something happened to her first and the coyotes just defiled her corpse as is their habit with corpses.
:p

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on October 29, 2009, 12:24:50 PM
Quote from: Caliga on October 29, 2009, 12:23:46 PM
Quote from: Maximus on October 29, 2009, 12:20:14 PM
Coyotes are scavengers and small game hunters. As far as I'm aware it is very unusual for them to even attack something as large as a deer unless it's sick/wounded.
Well, a chick who lives in my town found a coyote in her yard a few years back trying to corner a deer in her garden.  She yelled for her husband to "do something" and he got his shotgun and attempted to fire a warning shot over the coyote's head, but hit it instead.  It still managed to get away, though.  Anyhoo Bambi was saved. :)

Should've let the coyote eat it.  There are too many damn deer down south as it is. <_<

(not here though - this is caribou country)

I imagine nobody wants a deer carcass in their yard
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 29, 2009, 09:08:40 PM
I think maybe something happened to her first and the coyotes just defiled her corpse as is their habit with corpses.
If you read the article you would know that other hikers heard her screams for help, came to her aid, and when the authorities arrived she was still alive.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 29, 2009, 08:58:52 PM
I thought that was an old world thing. I don't remember ever reading of an unprovoked wolf attack in North America.
I think some chick was killed by a wolf in Canada a few years back, and before that some grad student at a research station in northern Manitoba or something died from a wolf attack.