Main Menu

Soviet Paintings from WW2

Started by Faeelin, October 28, 2009, 02:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on October 28, 2009, 04:08:27 PM
Still a warcrime.

:o

What kind of triumph would it be without a parade of exotic prisoners?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Am I the only one who finds it a little silly to complain about parading prisoners during WWII?  If I were a German POW, the parade would probably be the most pleasant part of my captivity.  If I were a Soviet POW in German hands, I would be wishing that I were in shape to be in such a parade.

Josephus

Yeah...what's the big deal. It was summer in Moscow. Languish in a crowded gulag in Siberia,  or go for a nice walk? They took them through the nice touristy parts of Moscow too. Very nice of them. Try do that now, it would cost you an arm and a leg. Uncle Joe was nothing if not a nice, friendly dictator. He even offered to put most of them up in Russia for life.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Seriously if I was captured by the Soviets as a Axis soldier I would be delighted if the worst that happened to me was marching in a parade.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on October 28, 2009, 04:44:15 PM
Languish in a crowded gulag in Siberia,

They had internet in those gulags?  Man Stalin was so thoughtful.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on October 28, 2009, 04:45:20 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 28, 2009, 04:44:15 PM
Languish in a crowded gulag in Siberia,

They had internet in those gulags?  Man Stalin was so thoughtful.
He wasn't that thoughtful, it was 56k.

Ed Anger

In Soviet Russia, internet downloads you.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

It is certainly the case that no matter how bad the German POWs had it at the hands of the Russian captors, they were a hell of a lot better off than the Soviet POWs in German hands were.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Josquius

Quote from: derspiess on October 28, 2009, 04:13:16 PM
Quote from: Tyr on October 28, 2009, 04:10:34 PM
It did? I must have missed when that happened.

LOL were you born: after the cold war?
As bad as things may have been for people in the eastern block poor conditions generally fell a long long way short of actual slavery.
██████
██████
██████

Lettow77

Their destiny was not their own, and exchange for their labour the state provided for their needs, albeit with shoddy and cheaply produced amenities.

I mean, it looks like slavery and it sounds like slavery, but infact it is communism, which is worse.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Josquius

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 28, 2009, 05:20:47 PM
Their destiny was not their own, and exchange for their labour the state provided for their needs, albeit with shoddy and cheaply produced amenities.

I mean, it looks like slavery and it sounds like slavery, but infact it is communism, which is worse.
Not really no.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Berkut on October 28, 2009, 03:40:00 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on October 28, 2009, 02:03:36 PM

The title? "They Saw Moscow."

I wonder how many of them ever saw Germany again.

I wonder how many of them never even got the chance to execute a Jew or other undesirable.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Valmy

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 28, 2009, 05:53:34 PM
I wonder how many of them never even got the chance to execute a Jew or other undesirable.

:cry:

They died before really knowing the joy of being a Nazi.

Ed Anger

Or shit on the chest of another woman.  :cry:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive