And we're back!

Main Menu

What will Languish be like in 10 years?

Started by Slargos, October 27, 2009, 12:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on October 28, 2009, 08:40:14 AM
There isn't?
I'm sure I've seen references to it floating around....
But yey.

IC was never that big a deal. You would sometimes go a month without any posts in the subforum, and when there were it was either "Who is New Poster X" or Marty whining for somebody to be banned.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Now TBR on the other hand, that's a place for great discussion.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 28, 2009, 11:48:26 AM
Quote from: Tyr on October 28, 2009, 08:40:14 AM
There isn't?
I'm sure I've seen references to it floating around....
But yey.

IC was never that big a deal. You would sometimes go a month without any posts in the subforum, and when there were it was either "Who is New Poster X" or Marty whining for somebody to be banned.

Fuck you. It was Tim who wanted to ban somebody all the time.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Was I ever discussed?  My ears are burning!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on October 28, 2009, 02:45:29 AM
"This guy's a man who knows how a man should be"

An idiot?

I bet when the Turks showed up the first time the Arabs were all like 'what kinda wimpy men use horse archers?  We can safely make these guys our entire military they aren't man enough to take over or anything.'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Slargos on October 28, 2009, 11:41:55 AM
Quote from: Malthus on October 28, 2009, 10:09:59 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 27, 2009, 09:25:52 PM
Ten years?  I can't imagine.  Several of us will die between now and then.  Some others will likely be in prison. 

And Jaron will be the admin by virtue of being the only one left who cares.

Naw, Jaron won't have time. By that time, he'll be President of the United States, with Fireblade as his secretary of state and CdM holding the foreign affairs portfolio.  ;)

What with heading up Homeland Security from the comfort of his basement I doubt Seedy will have the time to also handle foreign affairs.  ;)

Who else will General Siegebreaker report to?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Siege

Quote from: Syt on October 28, 2009, 02:45:29 AM
Quote from: Siege on October 28, 2009, 02:39:27 AM
And Syt, by *respect*, you meant *fear*, right?

No, I mean "This guy's a man who knows how a man should be" vs. "Look at the American dumbass".

To be like a man should be for the iraqis, I would have to be muslim, wear a man-dress, and drive a Mercedes.
They are never going to like us, or respect us, but we can make them fear us.

Like some dude said once, "If you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow".

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Grallon

Quote from: Siege on October 28, 2009, 01:28:31 PM

Like some dude said once, "If you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow".

What a wonderful motto for gays everywhere!

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 28, 2009, 09:45:31 AM
Or we could just move to Google Wave. 

I'm watching the "long preview video" and so far I see a lot of bragging about how they got it *almost* into straight HTML- but I haven't seen anything that isn't possible in a rich-featured, server-cached PHP chat system. I love the multiple crashes in front of almost 5,000 people, though. :P
Experience bij!

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

You have no one to blame but yourself BA :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Caliga on October 29, 2009, 12:18:03 PM
Quote from: katmai on October 29, 2009, 10:30:27 AM
You have no one to blame but yourself BA :P
:huh: Did he get banned?
Nah.  Don't think so at least.  When I deleted the BA account and created this one, I didn't regain access. :blush:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."