What will Languish be like in 10 years?

Started by Slargos, October 27, 2009, 12:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Strix

Quote from: Siege on October 27, 2009, 01:29:24 PM
Bored. The damn war is pretty much over, not counting the occasional bombing.
We are suppossed to go out in missions with the iraqi security forces, in support role, but they don't want us to go with them because it makes them look bad in the eyes of the local populace.

We still go out every day, but is just travelling from base to base. No more raids for us. At least not here in Baghdad.

You guys need to be more like the Euros. DO that and peacekeeping will last another 30-40 years of conflict and violence.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Probably it will be on some archive on the Internet.  In 10 years I'll be 38.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

It will be totally awesome is what it will be.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

I think (hope) the core group will stay until they start dying out literally. The function Languish has for them (me) will only get harder to be replaced by anything else, as time goes by.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Lettow77

Here's hoping that, 10 years from now, i'll be part of languish's establishment rather than looking in from the outside.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Caliga

I'll still be here but I'll probably be making ass jokes all day instead of boob jokes.  Gotta change it up a little sometimes.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 27, 2009, 04:37:57 PM
Hopefully, well away from this place.
You've tried.. several times

We just keep pulling you back in
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 27, 2009, 02:55:23 PM
Here's hoping that, 10 years from now, i'll be part of languish's establishment rather than looking in from the outside.

Drop the racism and we'll talk.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on October 27, 2009, 04:40:09 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 27, 2009, 04:37:57 PM
Hopefully, well away from this place.
You've tried.. several times

We just keep pulling you back in

I'd miss Seedy's abuse of people.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

Barrister, your talk about racism sounds real convincing in the great white north. I interact more, and more naturally, with more blacks on a daily basis than you im sure, even adjusting for the fact that you deal with criminals.

And anyway, you think me much more racist than I am. I believe in keeping the races apart in vibrant and mutually supportive communities, yes, but I am hardly some supremacist, nor is a belief in the distinctive and seperate merit of every race a cornerstone of my beliefs, as you seem to feel. It's pretty annoying.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'