News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What will Languish be like in 10 years?

Started by Slargos, October 27, 2009, 12:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

hopefully not some kind of ghey looking virtual world. Probably similar but crankier and more conservative. We'll be celebrating grumbler's centenary, MB's 5th set of twins. jaron will be Governor of Oxnard....Neil will be a rabid Leafs fan... okay that last one will never happen.
:p

Siege

Quote from: Syt on October 27, 2009, 05:53:43 PM
History Channel told me that Arabs respect you more if you carry a blade or axe or tomahawk. Is that true? :)

Can't tell. I've heard about it, like I have also heard that arabs fear handguns more than assault rifles.
I have never asked one, really. All this sounds pretty stupid to me (as in tactically ineffective), but it could be true, since backward people always place a high value on valor and bravery, and using a blade in combat is suppossed to be brave.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

And Syt, by *respect*, you meant *fear*, right?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Eddie Teach

BVN and SBR both claim to be new since the old board crashed. They both blend in so well it's hard to tell if they're right.

Ulmont also started posting with the new board, though I think he played some of the multiplayer games on the old one.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Siege on October 28, 2009, 02:39:27 AM
And Syt, by *respect*, you meant *fear*, right?

No, I mean "This guy's a man who knows how a man should be" vs. "Look at the American dumbass".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Alatriste

Quote from: Strix on October 27, 2009, 01:41:06 PM
Quote from: Siege on October 27, 2009, 01:29:24 PM
Bored. The damn war is pretty much over, not counting the occasional bombing.
We are suppossed to go out in missions with the iraqi security forces, in support role, but they don't want us to go with them because it makes them look bad in the eyes of the local populace.

We still go out every day, but is just travelling from base to base. No more raids for us. At least not here in Baghdad.

You guys need to be more like the Euros. DO that and peacekeeping will last another 30-40 years of conflict and violence.

Yeah, because you hear constantly about murders, terrorist attacks and bombs exploding in Kosovo, Macedonia and Bosnia, right? And Lebanon... man, since European troops came to Lebanon it has been just a round of killings after another! And let's no mention Chad, Congo or Ivory Coast... actually, wherever French troops go in their old colonial empire, conflict is sure to get eternal!

Man, the actual soldiers on the ground, like Siege, are never the ones talking out their asses... but then again, I bet Siegy would never define Iraq as a 'peacekeeping operation'.

BVN

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 28, 2009, 02:44:40 AM
BVN and SBR both claim to be new since the old board crashed. They both blend in so well it's hard to tell if they're right.
Well I am new (I lurked on the old board however), but you will have to take my word for it as I can't really prove it.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

ulmont

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 28, 2009, 02:44:40 AM
Ulmont also started posting with the new board, though I think he played some of the multiplayer games on the old one.

I came to watch the last EU2 multiplayer game Slargos ran, stayed for the insults.

I guess that would be around the middle-end of 2007.  I posted a fair amount back then, but almost only in the Gaming subforum.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 27, 2009, 09:25:52 PM
Ten years?  I can't imagine.  Several of us will die between now and then.  Some others will likely be in prison. 

And Jaron will be the admin by virtue of being the only one left who cares.

Or some of us could get fed up and cough up some dough so that we could go back to IPB without ridiculous server restrictions.
Experience bij!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 28, 2009, 08:51:07 AM
Ten years?  I can't imagine.  Several of us will die between now and then.  Some others will likely be in prison. 

Or some of us could get fed up and cough up some dough so that we could go back to IPB without ridiculous server restrictions.
Or we could just move to Google Wave. 
PDH!

Malthus

Naw, Jaron won't have time. By that time, he'll be President of the United States, with Fireblade as his secretary of state and CdM holding the foreign affairs portfolio.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on October 28, 2009, 10:09:59 AM

Naw, Jaron won't have time. By that time, he'll be President of the United States, with Fireblade as his secretary of state and CdM holding the foreign affairs portfolio.  ;)

What with heading up Homeland Security from the comfort of his basement I doubt Seedy will have the time to also handle foreign affairs.  ;)