News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What will Languish be like in 10 years?

Started by Slargos, October 27, 2009, 12:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 27, 2009, 04:49:18 PM
I interact more, and more naturally, with more blacks on a daily basis than you im sure, even adjusting for the fact that you deal with criminals.
:XD:

Zanza

Lettow is one of the best trolls I've ever seen.

Maximus

Yea he's one of Jaron's better creations.

Barrister

Barrister, your talk about racism sounds real convincing in the great white north. I interact more, and more naturally, with more blacks on a daily basis than you im sure, even adjusting for the fact that you deal with criminals.

And anyway, you think me much more racist than I am. I believe in keeping the races apart in vibrant and mutually supportive communities, yes, but I am hardly some supremacist, nor is a belief in the distinctive and seperate merit of every race a cornerstone of my beliefs, as you seem to feel. It's pretty annoying.

Gosh you're dumb.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grallon

Unless the 2012 craze is proven false (...) I see no reason to abandon you people.  This place is already toxic, in 10 years it should be positively lethal.

And the best part is: Meri's boys will be old enough to attend, unattended.  :perv:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Lettow77

I dont know about that one, BB. I am one of the more intelligent people I know. Standards are high on languish as compared to the real world, but even so I do not think I come off too poorly here.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Josephus

Quote from: DGuller on October 27, 2009, 04:54:22 PM
I interact more, and more naturally, with more blacks on a daily basis than you im sure, even adjusting for the fact that you deal with criminals.
:XD:

LOL...that was funny when I read it a second time.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Pat

QuoteAnd anyway, you think me much more racist than I am. I believe in keeping the races apart in vibrant and mutually supportive communities, yes, but I am hardly some supremacist, nor is a belief in the distinctive and seperate merit of every race a cornerstone of my beliefs, as you seem to feel. It's pretty annoying.

How do you draw these lines between races? What do you do with those of mixed race? Or do you go by the one drop-rule?

HisMajestyBOB

Oh, I'll come and go at times, but I suspect I'll still be around.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Syt

Quote from: Siege on October 27, 2009, 01:29:24 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on October 27, 2009, 01:02:07 PM
Quote from: Siege on October 27, 2009, 01:00:43 PM
I'll be in Afghanistan.

Siege! How are you?

Bored. The damn war is pretty much over, not counting the occasional bombing.
We are suppossed to go out in missions with the iraqi security forces, in support role, but they don't want us to go with them because it makes them look bad in the eyes of the local populace.

We still go out every day, but is just travelling from base to base. No more raids for us. At least not here in Baghdad.

History Channel told me that Arabs respect you more if you carry a blade or axe or tomahawk. Is that true? :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

When I'm giving a press conference about the Allied invasion of Hainan I'll be sure to mention Languish as an influence during my early adulthood. You all will be infamous.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

We'll still be here and bitching the place is dying.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: miglia on October 27, 2009, 05:47:59 PM
QuoteAnd anyway, you think me much more racist than I am. I believe in keeping the races apart in vibrant and mutually supportive communities, yes, but I am hardly some supremacist, nor is a belief in the distinctive and seperate merit of every race a cornerstone of my beliefs, as you seem to feel. It's pretty annoying.

How do you draw these lines between races? What do you do with those of mixed race? Or do you go by the one drop-rule?
How should he?  He's from North Dakota, and doesn't know any more about it than the internet tells him.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Maximus