And we're back!

Main Menu

Your Contact with Hard Drugs

Started by Admiral Yi, March 27, 2009, 06:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Prompted by Iorm in Afghanistan.

I have:

Known two people personally who used crack (dated one).

Got offered some meth by a friendly cracker in the bathroom in Paducah Kentucky.

Seen plenty of ashy skinned crackheads in DC.

Known one guy (a Brit) who tried heroin once.

Known a number of people who snorted coke, one who was an addict, used myself.

citizen k

Coke and meth. Knew one person who supposedly did heroin.

CountDeMoney

My contact with hard drugs? I always used latex gloves.

citizen k

Zanza

I've seen people snorting coke.

No other contact to hard drugs that I can think of right now.

Barrister

Personally?

I've seen the odd shady goings on in a dark corner or a bar.  Given "medicinal" cocaine to stop a nosebleed when I was about 12 in liquid form, soaked in a cotton ball and placed in my nose.  Absolutely hated that had me flying off the walls for a few minutes, then shivvering in a ball right after that.

Professionally?

More crackheads and crack dealers than you can shake a stick at.  GHB once, E a handful of times.  Couple of meth addicts in Alberta (but not charged with possession).  Hash a couple of times (does that count as a hard drug?).  Mushrooms several times (same question).  Never seen opium, LSD.

Selling prescription pills gets mentioned a lot, only ever seen 1 charge.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

I've never done any illegal drugs aside from cannabis, unless you count the time I harvested opium from my own poppies with extremely minimal results.

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if my sister in law has done meth, coke, etc., since she is a very heavy pot and ecstasy user and tends to associate exclusively with that sort of crowd.

Other than that I don't know anyone (other than various Languish ppl) who has even claimed to do drugs harder than what I named above.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Seen people take X. Hilarious.

Is X even hard? Still hilarious.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

I was quite infuated with this girl that claim to Heroin in High School. No idea if she lied or not. Closest I've come to anything harder then Mush.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 27, 2009, 06:17:40 PM

I don't think of it as a "hard drug", no, but I thought it was relevant to describing her case (i.e. she is a confirmed user of multiple drugs).  She also uses shrooms... forgot about that.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 27, 2009, 06:17:40 PM

When it dissolves seratonin uptake receptors and prolonged use actually fries the brain creating deadspots, yeah, I'd say it is.

FunkMonk

Had a friend in High School who got into cocaine. He gradually moved into a different social group and he became increasingly absent from school. Eventually we hardly ever saw him and I graduated and I never saw him again.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

syk

A good friend used to smoke heroin a long time ago and then later had a few months with frequent cocaine abuse. Another friend tried opium in Laos. A friend of a former roomie was a junkie, another a polytoxicomaniac; his weed dealer recently died from multiple organ failure, a junkie as well. Former neighbours were frequently doing coke. Two colleagues snorted a lot of coke during their South America trip. Another former colleague was a polytoxer as well (E, Coke, LSD, Shrooms, Cannabis, no H though).
Through work I met about 2 dozen junkies. These people were substituting with methadon or polamidon; was unclear how much they consumed additionally.
Also remarkable was a 16 year old running his own meth lab in an appartment he rented for that purpose. He was still living with his parents.

Iormlund

I know a lot of people who smoke cannabis. Some occasionally, some regularly. I've smoked a dozen or two times after being offered -  Never actually bought or rolled one. It was wonderful for my backache, but smoking is a big no-no for Crohn's so no more.
The only serious shit I've done are Valium & other benzodiazepines (for a week after the operation) and of course morphine for a few hours in the Reanimation Room.

Back when I went clubbing every weekend I knew a lot who did speed, E, ketamine and the like. Mostly very young people, between 15 and 20 yo. Many of those graduated to cocaine in time (when they got jobs).

The tally so far is:
Two served some time in jail for dealing (using is not penalized).
Three had to be hospitalized in a psychiatric institution for some time.  they were already a bit weird. Drugs exacerbated that. Their heads will be forever fucked up.
One jumped from a seventh floor. He survived (landed on a tall tree). Spent months in coma. Haven't heard of him since.
Another dead, the one who did heroin. A new player was trying to get marketshare and brought some especially pure shit. That week a dozen or so junkies died.

Most of the people I knew who did hard drugs I lost contact with. I'd wager at least a few of them have serious health issues by now (it's been over 10 years). Most will function more or less properly, with some degree of brain or cardiovascular damage.