News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week VII, Electric Boogaloo

Started by CountDeMoney, October 21, 2009, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on October 27, 2009, 08:20:10 AM
It's funny actually.  In the pregame, they showed a graphic of the NFC East's winning percentages over the last 10 seasons.  The Eagles had won something like 60% of all the games they played, the Giants 55%, the Cowboys were at exactly 50%, and the Redskins were way, way down there.

Odd, I don't find anything funny about that at all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on October 27, 2009, 08:21:39 AM
Quote from: Neil on October 27, 2009, 08:20:10 AM
It's funny actually.  In the pregame, they showed a graphic of the NFC East's winning percentages over the last 10 seasons.  The Eagles had won something like 60% of all the games they played, the Giants 55%, the Cowboys were at exactly 50%, and the Redskins were way, way down there.

Odd, I don't find anything funny about that at all.
Snyder makes it funny.  The way he goes through coaches, the way he dumped Schottenheimer, who is still one of the Great Captains of NFL head coaching, despite his playoff woes, the way he acts like the NFC's version of Al Davis.  I guess it's sad if you're a Redskins fan and you remember how the team was under competant ownership, and even from the outside it's too bad to see a once proud franchise on the rocks, but bad things happening to a marketing asshole is nice.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on October 27, 2009, 08:49:12 AM
Snyder makes it funny.  The way he goes through coaches, the way he dumped Schottenheimer, who is still one of the Great Captains of NFL head coaching, despite his playoff woes, the way he acts like the NFC's version of Al Davis.  I guess it's sad if you're a Redskins fan and you remember how the team was under competant ownership, and even from the outside it's too bad to see a once proud franchise on the rocks, but bad things happening to a marketing asshole is nice.

Well they haven't had competent ownership since Jack Kent Cooke got too old to do anything.  The team simply has no direction, Snyder bends with the winds too easily and has no clue what he wants the team to look like besides a vague notion he wants to win.  Hiring an inexperienced guy like Zorn only to throw him under the bus when he doesn't win right away is perfectly typical.  I figured if you are going to go with a rising star sorta guy like Zorn you would have to step back and let him fuck up a bit first or why try a gamble like that in the first place?  It just makes no sense...I mean he just got done hiring a veteran head coach to run the team, offense, and defense and then he turns around and does that?  It just boggles the mind.

Anyway if he keeps screwing around coaches like Zorn, Spurrier, and Schottenheimer nobody who has any choice in the matter is going to want to work for him, presuming any of them still do which is unlikely, so he might as well develop some patience and vision and not just react to everything.  I have no idea how somebody could even run a taco stand with Snyder's management style.  Is that what he does in business?  No vision, no mission statement, no plan just reactionary hiring and firing based on whims?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Snyder used up his rebuilding, stick with the losing coach card with Spurrier. 

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 27, 2009, 09:07:48 AM
Snyder used up his rebuilding, stick with the losing coach card with Spurrier. 

Two years is sticking to a coach?  I guess it is for Snyder.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on October 27, 2009, 09:36:18 AM
Two years is sticking to a coach?  I guess it is for Snyder.
I could have sworn Spurrier was there longer than 2.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 27, 2009, 10:32:00 AM
I could have sworn Spurrier was there longer than 2.

It sure seemed longer than two that is for sure :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 27, 2009, 07:49:58 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 27, 2009, 06:36:22 AM
I watched it for the fantasy football stuff.
And, because I love to watch Washington lose.

You must just be a bundle of love for the past 20 years or so :P

The Joe Theismans, Hogs, Mark Rypiens and Charles Manns were a long time ago, buddy.  And since 1996, the football axis once again turns on Baltimore, like the days of old.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 27, 2009, 08:22:26 PM
The Joe Theismans, Hogs, Mark Rypiens and Charles Manns were a long time ago, buddy.  And since 1996, the football axis once again turns on Baltimore, like the days of old.

You know it is bad when I can easily rattle off the starting 22 from 1991 in my sleep but would probably have to look it up to name the guys on this years team.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 28, 2009, 01:07:53 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 27, 2009, 08:22:26 PM

You know it is bad when I can easily rattle off the starting 22 from 1991 in my sleep but would probably have to look it up to name the guys on this years team.

lulz, nigga, please.