News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009-10 Hoops: Yo, mah Jordans, nigga

Started by CountDeMoney, October 25, 2009, 09:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

My inflatable Pistol Pete broke its tethers, flew into power lines, burst into flames as it plummeted, burning down the local dance hall...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on November 14, 2009, 09:04:29 PM
My inflatable Pistol Pete broke its tethers, flew into power lines, burst into flames as it plummeted, burning down the local dance hall...

Keep Brain away from the inflatable Cowboy Joe.

That is the horse, right?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Yeah, a pony....*shudder at the Swedish invasion*
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Huskies are in 3rd game of non-conference playing Portland St, with 3 mins left the score is 100-50
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Arizona continues their march to yet another Tourney invite, crushing the highly regarded and dangerous Northern Arizona University.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

24 hours of college basketball beginning right now on ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?page=09marathon

Couple of women's games in there, but that's alright.

Edit:  CS Fullerton leads UCLA 2 - 0 3+ minutes in.  One of the announcers might be Pam Ward.  Just...ugh.  :bleeding:

2: It got better.  Fullerton leads UCLA by 6 at the half.  3: And now OT.  Fullerton had a chance to take the lead with ~9 seconds left, but dude only made 1 of 2 from the line. 

Heh Titans win in 2OT.  Apparently this is the first time they've ever beaten UCLA, so that's cool.  And good god...they switched to the next game, and it's not even close.  20 point lead ~midway through the first. 

Berkut

Speaking of NCAA hoops...I just got asked to help officiate a scrimmage at RIT (local Div-III college) this week.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Nobody cares about my budding NCAA career... :(

0 rows returned

katmai

As long as you aren't part of PAC-10 crew you'll do fine
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on November 17, 2009, 03:34:20 PM
As long as you aren't part of PAC-10 crew you'll do fine

You don't think I could give a fair shake to another team playing the Cats? Or another team playing some other team who the Cats need to lose to secure their righful place in the conference? Or a team playing a team that played a team that the Cats need to lose (or win) to increase their SoS to secure their rightful place in the tournament seeding? Or a team...

0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on November 17, 2009, 10:20:18 AM
Speaking of NCAA hoops...I just got asked to help officiate a scrimmage at RIT (local Div-III college) this week.

I am looking forward to seeing you do your first Final Four.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on November 17, 2009, 03:37:03 PM

I am looking forward to seeing you do your first Final Four.

How insanely awesome would that be?

Someone published a study about Div-1 college hoops official. Apparently, there are something like 600 active D1 officials. On average, however, each one only gets about ten games a year.

The top 20 officials do around 100 games/year. So while there are a lot off officials, the bulk of the games are probably being done by less than 100 officials.

So it would seem that getting into D1, while pretty hard, isn't even half the battle. Breaking into group that is doing significant numbers of games is almost impossible. And you know it is those top-20/30 guys who are getting the tourney games.

0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

:cheers:

Berkut

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 17, 2009, 10:05:11 PM

:cheers:

All it probably means is that they are short officials willing to work for free, to be honest. But hey, it at least gets me in front of some people who are the ones who actually assign those games. It is a start.

0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on November 17, 2009, 10:13:21 PM
All it probably means is that they are short officials willing to work for free, to be honest. But hey, it at least gets me in front of some people who are the ones who actually assign those games. It is a start.

Exactly.  Before you know it, it'll be like those Buffalo Wild Wings commercials where we're calling you up saying we don't want the game to be over yet, and you're tripping players and calling totally unnecessary fouls to get it into triple OT. 

It'll be great.