News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009-10 Hoops: Yo, mah Jordans, nigga

Started by CountDeMoney, October 25, 2009, 09:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I expect Wyoming to fall apart early, then work back to not quite recovering.  It is sometimes good to root for a consistent team.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

I was surprised to find out your guys actually have a national championship in b-ball.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on October 26, 2009, 08:14:46 AM
Quote from: Berkut on October 25, 2009, 11:43:24 PM
Will Arizona keep the streak alive?

From what I am hearing they had a really good off-season and will compete in the PAC-10 this year so I think: yes.

Miller has done a simply amazing job going from a recruiting class with literally nothing, to a top-10 in the country, and another great class for next year already shaping up.

He had a lot of help though - USC meltdown was Arizona's Christmas.

But there are going to be a lot of freshman with a lot of minutes.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Strix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 25, 2009, 09:31:03 PM
Posted because in basketball, the ACC is the only conference that matters.

When will Maryland be relevant again?

GO CUSE!
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

The Larch

I remain flabbergasted at how big the following of college basketball is on this board compared with the almost total lack of interest for the NBA.

katmai

Quote from: The Larch on October 26, 2009, 08:55:48 AM
I remain flabbergasted at how big the following of college basketball is on this board compared with the almost total lack of interest for the NBA.

I can only say for me my interest in NBA died out when Sonics moved to Oklahoma City.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

College basketball is interesting and exciting, and the NBA is fucking boring and lame.

0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

:lol:

I didn't even know that the Sonics had moved.

I stopped following the NBA around the time of Jordan's second retirement. But I don't follow college basketball either. Maybe if Georgia makes some kind of run at the championship, I'll get into it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Pro sports are pretty much non-existant in Austin.  I am only a NFL fan because my father is from DC where the Washington Redskins are an obsession.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Berkut on October 26, 2009, 09:01:34 AM

College basketball is interesting and exciting, and the NBA is fucking boring and lame.

For the little that I've followed college basketball, I find it really boring. Maybe if I had some kind of self-identification with the teams it'd be different, but in a vacuum it felt really half-arsed. All the talented players leave the college system after barely a year or two (there have been no seniors in the Top 10 of the last 3 draft editions), so there's no way to really build a proper team.

In which ways is the NBA boring and lame for you?

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on October 26, 2009, 09:12:16 AM

The regular season games are meaningless, the playoffs go on way into baseball season when it just seems silly to play Basketball.

Basketball season ends in April, yet the NBA is not even close to ending.  I just do not have the stamina to follow a season that long and tedious.  But, as I said, I might feel differently about it if Austin had a team or if people here were interested at all in professional sports.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on October 26, 2009, 09:05:57 AM

Pro sports are pretty much non-existant in Austin.  I am only a NFL fan because my father is from DC where the Washington Redskins are an obsession.

Yet you have 3 NBA teams in Texas alone. Or is your allegiance only to Austin and not to Texas?  :ph34r:

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on October 26, 2009, 09:14:14 AM

The regular season games are meaningless, the playoffs go on way into baseball season when it just seems silly to play Basketball.

Basketball season ends in April, yet the NBA is not even close to ending.  I just do not have the stamina to follow a season that long and tedious.  But, as I said, I might feel differently about it if Austin had a team or if people here were interested at all in professional sports.

Every pro sport in the US has a regular season and playoffs, what makes the NBA case so exceptional?

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on October 26, 2009, 09:17:52 AM
Yet you have 3 NBA teams in Texas alone. Or is your allegiance only to Austin and not to Texas?  :ph34r:

Well you have to understand the rivalry with Texas cities.  All things Dallas and Houston (more so Dallas than Houston) are anathema to me and most native Austinites.

San Antonio is...acceptable and if there is an NBA team I like it is the Spurs.  But San Antonio is very different culturally to Austin, they are very south west and they do not command a whole lot of emotional loyalty.

Berkut

Quote from: The Larch on October 26, 2009, 09:20:19 AM
Quote from: Valmy on October 26, 2009, 09:14:14 AM

Every pro sport in the US has a regular season and playoffs, what makes the NBA case so exceptional?

Because too many teams make it into the playoffs.

The NBA is boring though because there isn't any character in it. At least that is the way it feels to me.

0 rows returned