News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The "Birth of Babylon 5"

Started by grumbler, March 27, 2009, 05:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Series 1 it was awful.
Series 2...Myeh. Tolerable. Needs more explosions.
██████
██████
██████

Alcibiades

Finished season 4......

Not sure if I want to watch season 5 and the movies plus Crusade after "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars".  :mellow:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Sophie Scholl

Wactch "In the Beginning" at the least, of the movies.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Alcibiades

Yeah I did already, that and hyperspace.  Tried to watch them in chronological order.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon

Quote from: Alcibiades on June 01, 2009, 08:15:15 PM
Finished season 4......

Not sure if I want to watch season 5 and the movies plus Crusade after "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars".  :mellow:

While interesting, you should almost treat that episode as not having occurred.  The reason series finale is worth it. :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

I'd like to see the Sci Fi channel play the Babylon series. They do need to spice up their showings, lose the wrestling and ghost hunter stuff, and put on more of the good sci fi. B5, Farscape and a few others would be good.

Syt

German SciFi is currently showing B5 during weekdays (two episodes at primetime). I tune in occasionally for a few moments to remind myself of how horrid the German dubbing is.

Can't understand why they (SciFi) don't show more shows bi-lingually (i.e. you can choose between English and German). They did that for Farscape for some reason, but no other show.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2009, 09:10:14 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on June 01, 2009, 08:15:15 PM
Finished season 4......

While interesting, you should almost treat that episode as not having occurred.  The reason series finale is worth it. :wub:
:yes: DoFS was a quickie ep made when they got the fifth season and couldn't show the already-filmed Sleeping in Light (the finale) at the end of Season 4.  As you saw, they also "cheated" and got some of the S5 filming done early using the special budget they got for DoFS.

Don't cheat yourself out of seeing what happens to everybody.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: KRonn on June 01, 2009, 09:24:17 PM
I'd like to see the Sci Fi channel play the Babylon series. They do need to spice up their showings, lose the wrestling and ghost hunter stuff, and put on more of the good sci fi. B5, Farscape and a few others would be good.

They're SyFy now.  There's gonna be even more ghost hunter type programing in the future.

Caliga

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on June 02, 2009, 06:42:29 AM
SyFy

:bleeding:

The channel wanted everyone to know that it has jumped the shark, I think.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Monoriu

Second half of Season 5 is worth it.  First half is meh.

Ed Anger

B5 needed a Bester spin-off.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Monoriu on June 02, 2009, 09:02:30 AM
Second half of Season 5 is worth it.  First half is meh.
That's my recollection of it as well.  IMO, the first half of season 5 is even worse than season 1, simply because season 1 at least sets you up for the later drama.

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 02, 2009, 09:09:30 AM
The very next episode of Crusade that was to be filmed was a Bester episode.  The story was pretty cool, too.  Gideon was going to have to protect Bester from Garibaldi in order to get some vital info only Bester had, and LT Matheson was going to have to go along with it, even though he hated Bester.

Fucking TNT! :ultra:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Monoriu

Quote from: grumbler on June 02, 2009, 09:20:18 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 02, 2009, 09:09:30 AM
The very next episode of Crusade that was to be filmed was a Bester episode.  The story was pretty cool, too.  Gideon was going to have to protect Bester from Garibaldi in order to get some vital info only Bester had, and LT Matheson was going to have to go along with it, even though he hated Bester.

Fucking TNT! :ultra:

The answer is B5 relaunch novels.