News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Barrister's attention-whoring thread

Started by Barrister, October 21, 2009, 03:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 21, 2009, 03:57:57 PM
What kinds of Onanist publications do they have in Canadian doctors' offices?

Read a nice line in a NYT article about Afghanistan: may your sons grow up to be exactly like you.

Squat.  They give you a little cup and tell you to go home, and bring back the sample between 8 and 4:30.  And it has to be 30 minutes fresh.

While I selfishly hope that my kid will be similar to me, having them be exactly like be would be somewhat... disappointing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on October 21, 2009, 03:58:14 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 21, 2009, 03:55:56 PM
I hope she grows up to be a super bright, well mannered, great human being...who happens to be a libertarian pot smoking lesbian who excels at curling.

:angry:

And an incredible legal mind who makes it to the Canadian Supreme Court where she strikes down silly laws like forcing people to remain married who do not want to be.

The contrast on poor Beebs psychy would be delicious!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on October 21, 2009, 03:58:14 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 21, 2009, 03:55:56 PM
I hope she grows up to be a super bright, well mannered, great human being...who happens to be a libertarian pot smoking lesbian who excels at curling.

:angry:

Oh, excelling at curling isn't that bad a thing.  ;)

Congrats!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Sophie Scholl

:hug: Congratulations man.  Glad to hear all that time and effort wasn't for naught.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on October 21, 2009, 04:02:31 PM
:hug: Congratulations man.  Glad to hear all that time and effort wasn't for naught.

Oh it definitely wasn't for naught... :perv:

Octavian

Quote from: Barrister on October 21, 2009, 03:46:07 PM
Okay, so instead of leaving oblique references scattered around the board...

My wife is pregnant.  It's still fairly early - due date is May 2010. 

:yeah:

Feel free to put all pregnancy/parenting advice in this thread only, so I only have to ignore it once.

Congratulations :)

My wife's pregnant too with the same due date.  :)
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Savonarola

Congratulations, Beeb, do you know if it's a boy or girl yet? :cheers:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Barrister

Quote from: Octavian on October 21, 2009, 04:04:12 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 21, 2009, 03:46:07 PM
Okay, so instead of leaving oblique references scattered around the board...

My wife is pregnant.  It's still fairly early - due date is May 2010. 

:yeah:

Feel free to put all pregnancy/parenting advice in this thread only, so I only have to ignore it once.

Congratulations :)

My wife's pregnant too with the same due date.  :)

Excellent! :yeah:

Keep me up to date so we can comiserate.

Barrister

Quote from: Savonarola on October 21, 2009, 04:04:58 PM
Congratulations, Beeb, do you know if it's a boy or girl yet? :cheers:

Much too early.  He or she is the size of a blueberry at this point.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on October 21, 2009, 04:00:04 PM
Squat.  They give you a little cup and tell you to go home, and bring back the sample between 8 and 4:30.  And it has to be 30 minutes fresh.
What if you live more than 30 minutes away?   Do you drive to the office one-handed?

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on October 21, 2009, 04:16:29 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 21, 2009, 04:00:04 PM
What if you live more than 30 minutes away?   Do you drive to the office one-handed?

I dunno.

Oh it also had to be warm, and that happened in the winter.

Admiral Yi

What do you do if you take public transportation?

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 21, 2009, 04:23:52 PM
What do you do if you take public transportation?
That should be obvious to anyone who's spent significant time on late-night buses.   :P
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

Congrats.

Remember, if you buy Children's book lots on Ebay, throw out the 2 daddies or gay penguins books.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive