Did your opinion of Canada changed over the last 3 years?

Started by viper37, October 19, 2009, 02:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Did your opinion of Canada changed over the last 3 years?

My opinion of Canada is lower than it was before
5 (10.4%)
My opinion of Canada is higher than it was before
14 (29.2%)
My opinion of Canada is the same as it ever was
29 (60.4%)

Total Members Voted: 47

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on October 19, 2009, 07:33:44 PM
Canada is merely decomposing slowly under our eyes.  ^_^

And as we all know, the old must die for the new to emerge.

G.
ah, but people have been saying that since 1970.  Time to move on, methinks.  Independance is not dead, just sleeping for a while.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Monoriu

No, it hasn't changed.  I keep hearing the same stories over and over again from Hong Kongers who left Canada and came back here - that it is impossible to make money over there.  It is a good place for some, but only if money/career is not a consideration.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Monoriu

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 19, 2009, 10:47:57 PM
You realize you have a biased sample group Mono.

Perhaps.  But I have yet to hear a single story of a Hong Konger who moved to Canada and made at least the same amount of money as they did in Hong Kong.

CountDeMoney

Eventually Quebec will get its wish for independence and the rest of federal Canada, losing its population and economic center, will petition for US statehood for their provinces.  What would be left we'd make part of the National Parks system.

Yes, that would be nice.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Monoriu on October 19, 2009, 10:51:06 PM
But I have yet to hear a single story of a Hong Konger who moved to Canada and made at least the same amount of money as they did in Hong Kong.

Still can't wrap your chow mein noodle around that whole cost of living concept, huh?

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 19, 2009, 10:52:45 PM
Eventually Quebec will get its wish for independence and the rest of federal Canada, losing its population and economic center, will petition for US statehood for their provinces.  What would be left we'd make part of the National Parks system.

Yes, that would be nice.

Sure thing, Timmy.  Why don't you go make some nice maps showing it?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on October 19, 2009, 11:11:13 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 19, 2009, 10:52:45 PM

Yes, that would be nice.

Sure thing, Timmy.  Why don't you go make some nice maps showing it?

:P  I'm sure we could find a nice position for you over at Interior in Moose Management.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 19, 2009, 10:55:37 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on October 19, 2009, 10:51:06 PM
But I have yet to hear a single story of a Hong Konger who moved to Canada and made at least the same amount of money as they did in Hong Kong.

Still can't wrap your chow mein noodle around that whole cost of living concept, huh?

If one makes the same amount of money in Hong Kong and Canada, Canada's much lower cost of living is indeed a great blessing.  Trouble is, one makes so little money in Canada that the standard of living is actually higher in Hong Kong :contract:

dps

Meh, it's still just a frozen wasteland that culturally is like the more liberal parts of the U.S., just with more Frenchies, Eskimos, and hockey fans.   :P

Valdemar

I have no changed opinion, and as my opinion is based on the time I livbed in Vancouver more than 10 years ago I doubt it really fits anymore :D

V

Duque de Bragança

Opinion won't improve until Céline Dion, among others, is silenced.  :lol:

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017