Main Menu

Russia moves to "Nuke first, ask later" policy

Started by Syt, October 17, 2009, 08:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on October 17, 2009, 08:53:17 AM
Good to see Obama's strategy already bearing fruit.

having a border with russia these days really increases your confidence.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 21, 2009, 06:38:03 PM
No, we should just work on making our sphere as massive as possible and work to make sure Russia's is a tiny as possible.
America doesn't have the balls for that.  They only pick on the weak.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on October 21, 2009, 09:21:24 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 17, 2009, 08:53:17 AM
Good to see Obama's strategy already bearing fruit.

having a border with russia these days really increases your confidence.

Palin is keeping watch, so I'm not worried.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Newsweek interviews some Russian university students about Stalin, Americans, etc. Hilarious.

http://video.newsweek.com/#?t=47872955001&l=372181063
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 07, 2009, 02:40:49 AM
Newsweek interviews some Russian university students about Stalin, Americans, etc. Hilarious.

Not hilarious, scary.  The old people are certifiably retarded, conditioned to be good serfs for their whole lifetimes, so the young people are the Russia's only hope.  So much for that.

Syt

Should there be subtitles for the responses? I don't see any. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on November 07, 2009, 03:13:03 AM
I didn't see any either, I assumed they were cut off at the bottom.  Obviously I myself didn't need any.

Syt

Quote from: DGuller on November 07, 2009, 03:15:42 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 07, 2009, 03:13:03 AM
I didn't see any either, I assumed they were cut off at the bottom.  Obviously I myself didn't need any.

The showed up in IE. I guess it has to do with the adblocker I use in Mozilla, because in Mozilla I didnt get the advert before the interviews, either.

In IE I had to change the window from full screen to windowed, then the video resized and showed the subtitles properly.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sahib

Quote from: DGuller on November 07, 2009, 02:53:48 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 07, 2009, 02:40:49 AM

Not hilarious, scary.  The old people are certifiably retarded, conditioned to be good serfs for their whole lifetimes, so the young people are the Russia's only hope.  So much for that.

I watched some Polish show where they interviewed British, American and Russian History/PolSci students about WW2. Russians turned to be the best informed, and in most cases quite aware of stalinist purges and the like.
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Camerus

To be fair, young people everywhere tend to have foolish ideas that aren't thought through properly.  I imagine if you interviewed people 17-21 anywhere you'd get a lot of half-baked nonsense.

But, on the other hand,  :bleeding:

BtW:  does anyone know to what degree (if at all) Mongolians and other Asians face discrimination in Russia?

Syt

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on November 07, 2009, 04:28:47 AM
BtW:  does anyone know to what degree (if at all) Mongolians and other Asians face discrimination in Russia?

Isn't having to live in Russia not enough?
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

Quote from: Sahib on November 07, 2009, 04:24:14 AM
I watched some Polish show where they interviewed British, American and Russian History/PolSci students about WW2. Russians turned to be the best informed, and in most cases quite aware of stalinist purges and the like.
What makes Russians scary is that they have abhorrent ideas while generally not being ignorant.

Camerus

I think education systems with heavy emphases on facts and light emphases on critical thinking skills will tend to produce such people - people who can recite famous poems word-for-word and have a good knowledge of historical events, and yet gobble up the most ridiculous propaganda.

DGuller

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on November 07, 2009, 09:58:30 AM
I think education systems with heavy emphases on facts and light emphases on critical thinking skills will tend to produce such people - people who can recite famous poems word-for-word and have a good knowledge of historical events, and yet gobble up the most ridiculous propaganda.
That's an excellent description of a typical Russian.