Hansmeister goes gaming: United States of Earth

Started by Syt, October 17, 2009, 12:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/10/16/war-game-imagines-obama-run

QuoteWar Game Imagines Obama on the Run

The year is 2011. President Obama has just outlawed the private ownership of firearms, announced that the Constitution has been dissolved and revealed that the United States is going to be replaced by the North American Union, an amalgamation of the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Revolution breaks out. Your part in this is to help capture Obama and the renegade Cong (former Congressional leaders).

This is the premise of a new online community and game calling itself United States of Earth. The extensive site is almost overwhelming in the sheer amount of information it provides, but centers around a browser-based war game in which a player can train and amass troops with the intention of taking over counties in Virginia. Players can also challenge other United States of Earth users in real videogames on Xbox Live or the PlayStation 3 network in order to win points to be used on the site.

Once logged in, users have access to a series of stories and videos that revolve around the fantasy setting, Stories include: Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck Found Dead in Camp, Barack Obama Retreats to Virginia With Wife, Former V.P. Joe Biden Captured Outside Arlington and The Cong Loses Control, Pelosi Captured!

Obviously setup by a right-wing oriented person or organization, the United States of Earth website domain is registered under contactprivacy.com, a service designed to protect the name of whoever registered the domain. The terms/contact page of the website lists what they call a "virtual office" in Brooklyn, New York.

Also from the terms page:

QuoteWe take the Constitution of the United States seriously here and apply many if not most of the freedoms contained within to our own United States of Earth. It is a shame that America itself no longer safeguards its citizens freedom as we enter this next glorious age of collectivism and decay promised daily by those in power, Republicans and Democrats. Will America survive? Only time will tell.

http://www.usofearth.com/

:lmfao:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quotethe United States of Earth website domain is registered under contactprivacy.com, a service designed to protect the name of whoever registered the domain.

Shouldn't take the Secret Service too long.

Ideologue

How the hell did the Revolution defeat the armed forces of the United States? :lol:  Are there are a lot of heavy infantry weapons, anti-tank rockets and SAMs in people's arsenals that we don't know about?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on October 17, 2009, 01:27:55 AM
How the hell did the Revolution defeat the armed forces of the United States? :lol:  Are there are a lot of heavy infantry weapons, anti-tank rockets and SAMs in people's arsenals that we don't know about?
Presumably the armed forces defeated itself.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HisMajestyBOB

Gays within the military subverted and sabotaged the armed forces at the start of the coup.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Galrion

Yeah, I would imagine that a good chunk of the armed forces defected in the scenario they have created.

CountDeMoney

The US military lashed out at the concept of government health care.

Josquius

A armed populace is a free populace! :angry:
Sheesh!
██████
██████
██████

I Killed Kenny

Kleves

I'm sure that, were he faced with a domestic rebellion, Obama's first move would be to run to the safety of the South.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Valmy

Quote from: Kleves on October 17, 2009, 01:56:35 PM
I'm sure that, were he faced with a domestic rebellion, Obama's first move would be to run to the safety of the South.

Yeah I was thinking he would probably be safest just staying in DC with its 90% Obamanaics.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Lettow77

Ide, I think you underestimate the people's ability to successfully topple the regime here if they were unified.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 19, 2009, 07:27:42 PM
Ide, I think you underestimate the people's ability to successfully topple the regime here if they were unified.

you overestimate the people

The Minsky Moment

I think you underestimate the people's ability to successfully topple the regime here if they were unified.
It's called an election; we just had one.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ideologue

The American people has no defense against the majesty of a domestic Arc Light mission.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)