News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Test your geography skillz

Started by Eddie Teach, October 20, 2009, 09:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Well, Bodö is in the Nordland province of Norway, though they didn't go down to the regional level on any other question so I don't know.

Alatriste

Dimashq, a.k.a. Damascus, is also a bit surprising.

HisMajestyBOB

Ṭarābulus (aka Tripoli, Libya) was also obnoxious. If you're going to give the country names in English, be consistent and give the city names in English, too.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Josquius

Quote from: miglia on October 21, 2009, 10:40:42 PM
Well, Bodö is in the Nordland province of Norway, though they didn't go down to the regional level on any other question so I don't know.

Pearl Harbor, Honolulu pops up a lot. Which is even odder.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 21, 2009, 08:19:22 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 21, 2009, 05:31:51 AM
Got to level.  Closest place I got was Rostock Germany.

You're missing a key word.

I like to keep you people in suspense.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

Level 10, 19395, on first try. My USAnian geography sucks though.

Josquius

Beat it, 19104...though I made some awful ones early- misread Swaziland as Switzerland and Uruguay as Ukraine. And I clicked next too hard one time which ended up with me placing Hannover in Africa.
The last ones though I got lucky for once and a bunch of British Isles places and Mumbai.
██████
██████
██████