Started by CountDeMoney, October 15, 2009, 02:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valdemar

Quote from: Jaron on October 18, 2009, 12:28:38 AM
Can the boy be tried as an adult?

Isn't it more like the dad should be tried for being a child? :D

Home made balloons and calling media first...

V

Caliga

This guy needs to get a real fucking job.  :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: citizen k on October 17, 2009, 11:37:39 PM
Sheriff: Charges will be filed in balloon saga

Charges?  They should get an Emmy.

DontSayBanana

Wonder what charges will be brought?  Creating a public disturbance?
Experience bij!

Strix

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 18, 2009, 10:03:27 AM

They probably have a charge related to making a false emergency services call.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Razgovory on October 18, 2009, 04:28:38 PM
Sounds like felony charges.

I'm pretty sure a false 911 call would be a felony.  Incidentally, I wonder how embarrassed the police officers are over initially claiming they believed it wasn't a hoax.  Reality show actors are attention whores?  NEVAH!!!
Experience bij!

alfred russel

Will they be considered a flight risk?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 18, 2009, 04:48:32 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 18, 2009, 04:28:38 PM
Sounds like felony charges.

I'm pretty sure a false 911 call would be a felony.  Incidentally, I wonder how embarrassed the police officers are over initially claiming they believed it wasn't a hoax.  Reality show actors are attention whores?  NEVAH!!!
Apparently they actually thought it was a hoax all along, and certainly were convinced after the kid's cute slip up on CNN, but misled the family in order to trap the parents in the lie.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on October 18, 2009, 04:57:47 PM

Boo. Hiss. Boo.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: alfred russel on October 18, 2009, 04:57:47 PM

:lol: There's serious doubt now as to whether they'll be able to (make) bail. ;)
Experience bij!

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on October 18, 2009, 04:59:57 PM
Apparently they actually thought it was a hoax all along, and certainly were convinced after the kid's cute slip up on CNN, but misled the family in order to trap the parents in the lie.
That's what I assumed back then.  Either that, or they couldn't sound accusatory before officially filing charges.  After the kid's slip, I never believed for a moment that the sheriff or any other cops that were asked about it were as naive as they sounded.

Jaron

From what I have read, they are saying all these naughty little things are all misdemeanors and carry no jail time. :blink: Unless the Feds charge them with something.

Can anyone with some law knowledge confirm this?
Winner of THE grumbler point.