Started by Caliga, October 15, 2009, 11:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

:w00t: :perv:

QuoteInternet All A-Twitter Over Meghan McCain Photo
Meghan McCain Apologizes for Revealing Photo on Twitter
By KI MAE HEUSSNER
Oct. 15, 2009 

Meghan McCain, blogger and daughter of former presidential candidate Sen. John McCain, threatened to quit Twitter this week and then apologized to her nearly 60,000 followers on the social media site after posting a racy picture of herself in a tank top Wednesday night.

Blogger Meghan McCain, daughter of former presidential candidate John McCain, caused a brief stir on Twitter on Wednesday night when she posted a voluptuous photo of herself online.
(Twitter/(http://twitpic.com/ljzq4))Describing it as a snapshot of her "spontaneous" night in, the photo showed a scantily covered McCain holding an Andy Warhol biography in her hand.

Apparently responding to criticism, McCain quickly followed up her picture with a longer explanation.

"So I took a fun picture not thinking anything about what I was wearing but apparently anything other than a pantsuit I am a slut," she wrote, later adding "I can't even tell you how hurt I am."

Soon after, she considered closing her Twitter account altogether.

"Why I have been considering deleting my twitter account, what once was fun now just seems like a vessel for harassment," she wrote. Later, she escalated her threat.

"Ok I am getting the f*** off twitter, promise not to delete my account until I sleep on it, thank you for the nice words supporters," McCain tweeted.

Finally, she apologized to her followers -- "I have clearly made a huge mistake and am sorry 2 those that are offended" -- but not without one last plug for her new column that launched today.

"In the meantime, my new column for The Daily Beast," she wrote, linking to the news site.

McCain isn't the first public figure to stir controversy onTwitter. Here are 10 others.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Technology/AheadoftheCurve/top-11-twitter-faux-pas-tweet-mistakes-celebrities/story?id=8835705 (mildly NSFW)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

Indeed.  Now I'm starting to regret that I did not vote for John McCain.  Think of all the quality tail that would be running around the Oval Office these days.  :(

Berkut

Does anyone believe she didn't know *exactly* what she was wearing and the effect it would have?

She isn't just wearing a t-shirt/halter top - she is wearing a halter top where it looks like pretty much all of her tits that can be pushed out of the top of it without showing any nip are in fact shoved up there.

I certainly approve, but I am not sure I buy into the claim that this was "innocent".

0 rows returned

Caliga

Quote from: Berkut on October 15, 2009, 11:31:09 AM
Does anyone believe she didn't know *exactly* what she was wearing and the effect it would have?

She isn't just wearing a t-shirt/halter top - she is wearing a halter top where it looks like pretty much all of her tits that can be pushed out of the top of it without showing any nip are in fact shoved up there.

I certainly approve, but I am not sure I buy into the claim that this was "innocent".
Oh, of course not.  Attention whoring at its finest.  :cool:

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on October 15, 2009, 11:31:09 AM

It looks like she was having fun to me.  People who call sexy girls sluts boil my blood.  Women should be encouraged to have fun not made to feel guilty.  More boob shots for the of us.  Society = fail.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Oh yeah, I am certainly not saying she is any kind of slut, just that she is certainly doing a bit of attention whoring. I approve of this.

0 rows returned

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Caliga on October 15, 2009, 11:32:54 AMOh, of course not.  Attention whoring at its finest.  :cool:

And we like it... ;)
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Josquius

Looks like a typical fat girl myspace photo.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Berkut

I just read her wiki page. She is awesome.

Some select quotes:

QuoteMcCain also stated her own desires for the Republican Party: "It can be a party for a 24 year-old pro-sex woman. It can be.

QuoteSpeaking at the 2009 Log Cabin Republican Convention, McCain said there was "a war brewing in the Republican Party" between the past and the future, and that "Most of the old school Republicans are scared shitless of that future."[10] She followed that by saying her enjoyment of Twitter was diminished by the presence of top Republican strategist Karl Rove, saying "I can't shake the fact that Karl Rove is following me — it can be creepy"

QuoteAfter John McCain campaign fixture Joe the Plumber made some anti-gay remarks in mid-2009, Meghan McCain took aim at him, saying "Joe the Plumber — you can quote me — is a dumbass. He should stick to plumbing."

McCain should have nominated her instead of Palin.

Actually, I've never heard her actually talk or anything, she might be dumb as rocks for all I know.

0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on October 15, 2009, 11:29:36 AM
Indeed.  Now I'm starting to regret that I did not vote for John McCain.  Think of all the quality tail that would be running around the Oval Office these days.  :(

Meghan's not as attractive as her mom. 

Re: the pic, they're too spherical.  Don't get me wrong, I like 'em big, but not pushed too far up like that. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2009, 11:48:48 AM
Meghan's not as attractive as her mom. 

Re: the pic, they're too spherical.  Don't get me wrong, I like 'em big, but not pushed too far up like that.
I dunno... sometimes when I see photos of Cindy she looks like a lich to me or something.  Generally she looks great for someone her age however.

Caliga

Quote from: Berkut on October 15, 2009, 11:47:46 AM
Actually, I've never heard her actually talk or anything, she might be dumb as rocks for all I know.
I've seen her do a few interviews.  She comes across as fairly articulate, if a bit spacey/flighty.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on October 15, 2009, 11:51:22 AM
I've seen her do a few interviews.  She comes across as fairly articulate, if a bit spacey/flighty.

Well she is only 24.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."