News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Halloween costumes

Started by Capetan Mihali, October 14, 2009, 04:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

So, my least favorite holiday of the year is coming back to haunt me, and if I don't decide to spend the night at home with a bottle of scotch and tend to the little 'treaters, I'll need a costume.   <_<

Thread inspired by Faeelin's brave and potentially career-ending decision to show up as R.E. Lee at an NYU law school Halloween party.

So what are youse going as?   :)

The only idea I have so far is fat Marlon Brando as Dr. Moreau in the amazingly dreadful 1996 movie. :outback:

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Grey Fox

I have no intentions to dress up for such a pagan holiday.

Plus, I don't know any one who's having a party.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

lustindarkness

a zombie or (if the army-navy store has a cheap gas mask) a hazmat emergency dude.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

HVC

I'm working on Halloween. Again.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadImmortalMan

Halloween makes normal girls dress slutty. So it's worth it if you're going to a party. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of annoying jerks knocking on your door all night.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PRC

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 14, 2009, 05:38:39 PM
Halloween makes normal girls dress slutty. So it's worth it if you're going to a party. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of annoying jerks knocking on your door all night.

That's true and such a hilarious phenomenon.  Halloween rolls around and all of a sudden even normally prudish women are busting out the slutwear.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 14, 2009, 05:38:39 PM

As I commented to The Larch as he marveled at America's Halloween stores, "slutty" seems to be the entire spectrum of women's costumes:  slutty nurse, slutty angel, slutty ghost, slutty subcontractor....
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on October 14, 2009, 04:29:25 PM

The only idea I have so far is fat Marlon Brando as Dr. Moreau in the amazingly dreadful 1996 movie. :outback:

Awesome.  :lol:

I'm going as The Joker (the Nicholson version) and the wife is going as Harley Quinn to the work parties.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

I'm going as the same thing I go as every year:

-the guy who hands out candy at the front door
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2009, 05:48:52 PM
I'm going as the same thing I go as every year:

-the guy who hands out candy at the front door

Don't forget to hand out stern lectures on the line between fun and criminal mischief.   :P

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 14, 2009, 05:45:51 PM

I'm going as The Joker (the Nicholson version) and the wife is going as Harley Quinn to the work parties.

Are you taking her trick or treating?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on October 14, 2009, 06:12:06 PM

You aren't elite enough to mock my marriage. Only Seedy, Peedy and Grumbler can.

You are on notice.

Edit: And Fatmai. Have to include a minority.  :rolleyes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 14, 2009, 06:55:51 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 14, 2009, 06:12:06 PM

You aren't elite enough to mock my marriage. Only Seedy, Peedy and Grumbler can.

You are on notice.

Edit: And Fatmai. Have to include a minority.  :rolleyes:

Seedy is black irish!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PDH

I am going to go to some undergrad parties dressed as Larry Eustachy.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM