News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Halloween costumes

Started by Capetan Mihali, October 14, 2009, 04:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on October 15, 2009, 10:57:06 AM
Slutty women act out Halloween every day of the year in hopes of guys acting out Christmas every day of the year?  :P
What happens on Christmas? :huh:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on October 15, 2009, 04:33:26 PM
Slutty women act out Halloween every day of the year in hopes of guys acting out Christmas every day of the year?  :P

Presents.  :contract:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Savonarola

Elvis Costello prepares to murder his family.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on October 15, 2009, 04:34:24 PM

Presents.  :contract:

Ah, I see.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Korea

:rolleyes:
I want my mother fucking points!

Martinus

Quote from: Korea on October 15, 2009, 09:49:20 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 14, 2009, 11:40:00 PM
Quote from: Korea on October 14, 2009, 11:24:20 PM
I haven't decided...I don't like all of those slutastic female costumes so maybe this unslutty-ish female mafia outfit.

I think you go for the slutty.

No way. It annoys me that pretty much every female Halloween costume is raunchy as hell. Do costume shops just assume that all women have an inner slut that they can only let out once a year?

Hehe yeah. I heard recently someone commenting that for women the most popular costumes are: Slutty Nurse; Slutty Nun; Slutty Vampiress; Slutty Star Trek Crewwoman; etc. :P

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Quote from: Korea on October 16, 2009, 03:41:06 PM

Yeah, someone's gonna find out that's not what's happening this Christmas if they keep up certain posting habits. :contract:
Kinemalogue

Queequeg

I don't think enough people know what the ancient Celts to make my costume really worth it.  :Embarrass:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Queequeg on October 17, 2009, 01:33:54 AM
I don't think enough people know what the ancient Celts to make my costume really worth it.  :Embarrass:
I once dressed up as an authentic Khazak nomad: authentic robe, shitty knockoff dagger, skin died darker.  People thought I was Harry Reams.

Queequeg

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 17, 2009, 01:51:51 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on October 17, 2009, 01:33:54 AM
I once dressed up as an authentic Khazak nomad: authentic robe, shitty knockoff dagger, skin died darker.  People thought I was Harry Reams.
WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?!?!

And as a Korean, there is a a possible chance you might have been able to pass off as one.  Some Koreans can look very Mongolian, which can mean very Kazakh sometimes. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Syt

I once went as the Invisible Man. I wore coat, scarf, gloves all the time, had my head wrapped in bandages, wore sunglasses and a fedora hat. People still thought I was the Mummy. And it sucked having to drink beer through a straw all evening.

Was fun riding the subway, though; plenty people were visibly irritated/confused. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Queequeg on October 17, 2009, 03:01:47 AM
WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?!?!

And as a Korean, there is a a possible chance you might have been able to pass off as one.  Some Koreans can look very Mongolian, which can mean very Kazakh sometimes.
Buddy of mine went there on an IMF mission and got it as a present.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Syt on October 17, 2009, 07:19:48 AM
I once went as the Invisible Man. I wore coat, scarf, gloves all the time, had my head wrapped in bandages, wore sunglasses and a fedora hat. People still thought I was the Mummy. And it sucked having to drink beer through a straw all evening.

Was fun riding the subway, though; plenty people were visibly irritated/confused. :D

I'm curious, since I'm thinking of possibly doing this- how much bandage did you end up needing?  Whole roll, half roll...?
Experience bij!

Korea

Quote from: Ideologue on October 17, 2009, 12:03:34 AM
Quote from: Korea on October 16, 2009, 03:41:06 PM

Yeah, someone's gonna find out that's not what's happening this Christmas if they keep up certain posting habits. :contract:
I want my mother fucking points!