Main Menu

OH NOES! CAPTAIN LOU DIED

Started by Caliga, October 14, 2009, 12:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

:cry:
QuoteCaptain Lou Albano dead at 76
October 14, 2009 |  9:27 am

Legendary pro wrestling manager Captain Lou Albano died this morning, MTV.com is reporting.

Albano, who was sent home from the hospital earlier this week and place under hospice care, was 76 years old.

Albano is best known to non-wrestling fans as the father in Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" video. That helped kick off the Rock 'n Wrestling connection that launched the then-WWF to national prominence in the 1980s.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

BuddhaRhubarb

:( RIP... though he's one of those I thought had died ages ago. He never looked umm "healthy"
:p

Caliga

I always liked him because he looked like Ron Jeremy.  Also for his timeless performance as Mario in the Super Mario Brothers cartoon/live action show.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Caliga on October 14, 2009, 12:22:20 PM
I always liked him because he looked like Ron Jeremy.  Also for his timeless performance as Mario in the Super Mario Brothers cartoon/live action show.

He played Mario? I never saw that. great casting. should've had Ron Jeremy as Wario.
:p

Jaron

Thank you, Lou. :(

But our princess is in another castle!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Caliga

Sophie Scholl

:cry:  Super Mario Brothers Super Show no more.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Caliga

Caliga

Also, here's the intro in German, because it amuses me to hear people rap in German.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp1Lbmutry0&feature=related

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on October 14, 2009, 07:56:45 PM
Also, here's the intro in German, because it amuses me to hear people rap in German.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp1Lbmutry0&feature=related

Thanks for bringing back painful, repressed memories.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

DontSayBanana

Not to speak ill of the deceased or anything...

...but nostalgia really makes some shows seem better than they actually were.  I made a point of being up early on Saturday mornings to watch the likes of that? :blink:
Experience bij!

Caliga

:lol: Even at the time I thought the show was a total POS, but for some reason me and my brother liked to watch it when we got home from school.  Super Mario Brothers Super Show + Peanut M&Ms + Birch Beer = Good Times.