NJ girl, 14, arrested after posting nude pics

Started by garbon, March 27, 2009, 08:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I guess some U.S. authroities would die from aneurysms, strokes and heart attacks if they surfed over to websingles.at, a popular dating site for the 14 - 99 year olds. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 27, 2009, 09:52:03 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 27, 2009, 09:16:12 AM

Works for me. I told my goddaughter I'd rip the nuts off her boyfriend if he did anything to her.

You need to be telling that to the boyfriend, not the girl.

I meet her boyfriends. I administer the tests to determine their moral fiber. I judge their worthiness.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 27, 2009, 09:57:53 AM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 27, 2009, 09:52:03 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 27, 2009, 09:16:12 AM

Works for me. I told my goddaughter I'd rip the nuts off her boyfriend if he did anything to her.

You need to be telling that to the boyfriend, not the girl.

I meet her boyfriends. I administer the tests to determine their moral fiber. I judge their worthiness.

Play a game with them. You say a word, and say what comes to mind:
- Manzikert
- Meowtf
- Incan Torpedo Boats
- Threesomes
- 2nd Guards Tank Army
- Anal
- Blücher
- Operation Bagration
- Wagram

That also makes sure you weed out any incognito Languishites.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on March 27, 2009, 10:03:41 AM

Play a game with them. You say a word, and say what comes to mind:
- Manzikert
- Meowtf
- Incan Torpedo Boats
- Threesomes
- 2nd Guards Tank Army
- Anal
- Blücher
- Operation Bagration
- Wagram

That also makes sure you weed out any incognito Languishites.

Hmmmm.

Me: So, who was a better Marshal, Davout or Bernadotte?

Kid: Bernadotte?

Me: WRONG! YOU STUPID IDIOT! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!

That will work.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 27, 2009, 10:08:08 AM

Me: So, who was a better Marshal, Davout or Bernadotte?

Kid: They West Side or East Side? Yo?

Me: WRONG! YOU STUPID IDIOT! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!

Much more likely that way.
—Stephen Jay Gould

KRonn

This stuff is going too far, eh? We have kids being charged with sexual crimes for sending, receiving and/or passing on photos. Some of it may be warranted, if kids post nude pics of others on the internet, or something like that. Or as noted above in an article where parents are fighting back, some of those are just non-nude photos sent to friends - all of a sudden that gets lumped into a sex abuse category. How did we get to such a paranoia, while trying to clamp down on sexual abuse and abuse of children? It's like we leave rationality at the door or something.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: KRonn on March 27, 2009, 10:28:24 AM
This stuff is going too far, eh? We have kids being charged with sexual crimes for sending, receiving and/or passing on photos. Some of it may be warranted, if kids post nude pics of others on the internet, or something like that. Or as noted above in an article where parents are fighting back, some of those are just non-nude photos sent to friends - all of a sudden that gets lumped into a sex abuse category. How did we get to such a paranoia, while trying to clamp down on sexual abuse and abuse of children? It's like we leave rationality at the door or something.

It has been going too far for years.  The thing that drives me nuts is an uncomfortably large amount of the laws and enforcement are fueled by outrage, assumptions, and sexual double standards instead of being based on the actual factual issues related to sexual abuse.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 27, 2009, 09:10:55 AM
Teenagers expressing sexuality will scar them for life.  It is far healthier to tell them how evil they are and scare them with over the top rhetoric.

On the flip side, I always like how you hear that it scars them for life if you aren't as permissive and open as possible with your kids re: sexuality.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Moral panic is such a lovely phenomenon, as long as you can watch it from afar.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 27, 2009, 10:36:46 AM
On the flip side, I always like how you hear that it scars them for life if you aren't as permissive and open as possible with your kids re: sexuality.

No no you need to give them firm boundaries or they will not have anything to rebel against, which teenagers need.  But going hysterical is just ridiculous, making them criminals even worse.

But not turning them into sex criminals is not the same as being as permissive as possible.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Syt on March 27, 2009, 10:36:01 AM
hip-hoppers

Sound like something a geriatric would say. And yeah, I'm ageist!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 27, 2009, 10:39:16 AM
No no you need to give them firm boundaries or they will not have anything to rebel against, which teenagers need.  But going hysterical is just ridiculous, making them criminals even worse.

But not turning them into sex criminals is not the same as being as permissive as possible.

Indeed.  Unfortunately, you can't give your kids a beating when they act up. :(

Martinus

Quote from: KRonn on March 27, 2009, 10:28:24 AM
It's called "moral panic" - a situation in which some real (e.g. child abuse) or perceived (e.g. "witchcraft") negative behaviour generates such a level of social outrage, it is no longer possible to engage in a reasoned debate about the issue, as anyone who attempts to do that is labelled a supporter of the negative behaviour in question. So even if some politician or a public figure refuses to fall prey to the mass hysteria, he or she is unlikely to challenge such legal excesses, because that would make them an all-to-easy target for an attack as "pedophilia supporters" etc.